What does the Georgia game do for recruiting?

cdibbs

In my opinion, the UGA game has the potential to send recruiting into the stratosphere.

- Potential 1 v 2 matchup in Austin

- Potential for a night game and likely the best atmosphere in the history of DKR

- Lots of recruits visiting for this game

Does it get any better than that for recruiting?  Let's hope both teams continue to take care of business so we get that matchup in those circumstances. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, cdibbs said:

In my opinion, the UGA game has the potential to send recruiting into the stratosphere.

- Potential 1 v 2 matchup in Austin

- Potential for a night game and likely the best atmosphere in the history of DKR

- Lots of recruits visiting for this game

Does it get any better than that for recruiting?  Let's hope both teams continue to take care of business so we get that matchup in those circumstances. 

Will definitely be a huge recruiting game. For those recruits there, and the national audience we will get. I hope it's a night game so all eyes will be on Austin Tx.

• Moderators

A win would only create a bigger tidal wave

But let’s look at Georgia in 2025 … this is very important. Nobody gets them all in national recruitments or SEC regional recruitments: 

Georgia has brought in 59 official visitors in the 2025 cycle … they have 21 commitments. The Dawgs will likely end up with 24 of 60 officially visitors in the class. 

The key is more shots on goal for Texas in these types of recruitments. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Seems to me there's a dilemma here. Do you spend the bye week prepping for Georgia or the criminals? Beating Georgia will ignite recruiting and national buzz. On the flip side, losing to the sorry butt criminals this year would be devastatingly bad for Sark. You should be good enough to beat a terrible criminal team this year without too much nonsense. Read the team the riot act about losing to the criminals last year, then go get ready for Georgia.

Edited by harveycmd

7 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

Seems to me there's a dilemma here. Do you spend the bye week prepping for Georgia or the criminals? Beating Georgia will ignite recruiting and national buzz. On the flip side, losing to the sorry butt criminals this year would be devastatingly bad for Sark. You should be good enough to beat a terrible criminal team this year without too much nonsense. Read the team the riot act about losing to the criminals last year, then go get ready for Georgia.

IMO, you spend 1 day per week next 2 weeks to prepare for UGA. You dont tell the players, keep them focused. They know more than we think but keep the goal for the team to play 70+ players and get Cook, Moore, Niblack, young D guys more reps to prepare for the long 14+ game season and play a lot more in 2026. Miss St game prep week should help us prepare for the Ou offense bc they run similar style. We also have a bye week so we will have 2 weeks prepare for Ou anyway. Bobby had a good post on this yesterday i think. 

• Hook 'Em 2