Who Goes First?

I think it may depend on the Commanders if they hire Kingsburry as OC.  If they do will the Commanders trade up with the  Bears to get Caleb Williams? Do the Bears stay with Justin Fields or do they draft  a QB.  This could cause multiple moves with possible trades or teams selecting someone else.  This could result with maybe Murphy and possibly Mitchell (depending on Combine numbers) in the first round.  

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Longhornmd said:

I think it may depend on the Commanders if they hire Kingsburry as OC.  If they do will the Commanders trade up with the  Bears to get Caleb Williams? Do the Bears stay with Justin Fields or do they draft  a QB.  This could cause multiple moves with possible trades or teams selecting someone else.  This could result with maybe Murphy and possibly Mitchell (depending on Combine numbers) in the first round.  

Wouldn't that be something for WAS if they would be able to land Williams.

I get the sense Chicago wants to keep Fields and if they do, it would be a massive mistake. Take Williams, get what you can for Fields and restart your window with a rookie QB.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Wouldn't that be something for WAS if they would be able to land Williams.

I get the sense Chicago wants to keep Fields and if they do, it would be a massive mistake. Take Williams, get what you can for Fields and restart your window with a rookie QB.

If a Chicago takes a QB they need to let him sit at least a year. 

After what GB has done with Rodgers and now Love becoming successful after sitting multiple years I wonder if the NFL will start copying it. 

There may come a day where NFL teams want QBs to stay all 4 or even 5 years in college even if they're great players. Then let them sit their rookie year too. When you look at the differences between Jordan Love and Trey Lance the proof is in the pudding. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

If a Chicago takes a QB they need to let him sit at least a year. 

After what GB has done with Rodgers and now Love becoming successful after sitting multiple years I wonder if the NFL will start copying it. 

There may come a day where NFL teams want QBs to stay all 4 or even 5 years in college even if they're great players. Then let them sit their rookie year too. When you look at the differences between Jordan Love and Trey Lance the proof is in the pudding. 

Lot of truth in this. Sitting is not necessarily a bad thing, it's a chance to get stronger, smarter, etc. Just ask the Mannings.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Pocono longhorn said:

Consensus seems to be Murphy. I am hoping Sweat at least goes in the 2nd.

Sweat is great. He is a beast vs the run and I believe finished 2nd in pressures for interior pass rushers to Murphy in the Big 12.  He does remind me of the Georgia DT that went in the 1st round. He is a less twitchy version, but both had questionable gas tanks. Plenty of times this year, you could see him completely gassed. OU game was a prime example. He is a 3 down DT, but can play 8 downs in a row and be effective? 

Edited by codaxx

I would not mind taking long odds on Worthy to be the first off the board. I can see him going almost anywhere. He has rare speed and quickness combo, even for  the NFL. He is guy that I could see a team falling in love with, especially as people are looking to replicate some of that Dolphins offense. 

If Worthy runs low 4.3 or high 4.2 then he'd be my bet to be the 1st off the board. Teams will fall in love with that. I think he may end up being 1st off the board even with high 4.3. 

I'll cheat an say Byron Murphy is first defensive player taken for Texas and Worthy is 1st offensive player taken.