College Football Imperialism Map: Week 5

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

I’m really confused. 🙂

Bobby... living in Wyoming I can tell you the Longhorns are fairly popular here... I don't understand the big chunk of Tech in Montana and the Dakotas. In Montana it's "the Grizz" and nobody else and in the Dakotas it's the two FCS championship teams.

It's about wins Boys and girls........not popularity.

We beat Miss. St.  They have not accumulated any victories/land prior to us playing them so even though we beat them......no land for us. Same with UTSA.  We accumulated land from wins over Colo. St. (their home territory), Michigan (their home territory and the home territory of Fresno St. - Michigan's first win) and ULM (ULM's home territory plus the territories from their opponents wins ......assuming their opponents beat another team with territory to forfeit).  

When we beat ou we get nothing because they do not have any territory presently because they lost all their territory to Tennessee and Auburn did not have any to give (total losers!)

Georgia just lost all their territory to Alabama and will not have any to give us if we beat them because they play Auburn and Miss. St. the next two weeks and they will have nothing to forfeit.

Pretty much the same throughout our schedule until the playoffs as all the teams we play have lost or keep losing.

More succinctly, you have to beat a team with territory to gain territory.

Edited by Adam Lane
  • Hook 'Em 1