Lunch Time Recruiting Bites (Wednesday)

• Moderators

A couple of notes to pass along from the recruiting trail.

– On the topic of 2025 WR Daylan McCutcheon, I spoke to someone plugged into the area who said if there was a leader in the clubhouse to flip McCutcheon at the moment, it would be Texas. That may or may not be a surprise given he was on campus for the Mississippi State game and officially visit on June 14, but that was the word passed along.

McCutcheon has been committed to Florida State since July 13 and is starting to hear more from schools like SMU and TCU in recent weeks.

– I spoke briefly with 2026 Mansfield Lake Ridge OL Felix Ojo who mentioned he would be back on campus for the Texas-Georgia game. Ojo also says his communication with Kyle Flood and the Texas staff has remained in contact with Ojo several times each week according to the 6–7 prospect.

– On the out of state front, a name to know is 2026 DB Simeon Caldwell out of Jacksonville, Florida. The 6-3 defensive back is a national top-100 prospect per the ranking services and is a candidate tor receive a visit from the Texas staff when the Longhorn coaches get on the road later this week.

Caldwell told OTF he won't be able to make it to campus this month, however there is communication between the two sides there.

– Going up to the northeast, Texas hosted NJ EDGE Jermaine Kinsler on June 1 for the Elite Camp and right now the two have remained in contact as the season has progressed. Kinsler told OTF he was "probable" but not 100% sure to make the Texas-Georgia game in Austin on October 19. 

• Hook 'Em 16
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

So it is a situation of whoever flips first between dylan and kelshaun or does the staff prefer one over the other?

A bit of a difference between their skillsets leads me to think Texas will take one now and address the other's skillset in the portal.

Texas A&M is doing whatever they can to hold onto Kelshaun, where FSU's disastrous season has seen just about everyone meaningful in their class open back up.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

A bit of a difference between their skillsets leads me to think Texas will take one now and address the other's skillset in the portal.

Texas A&M is doing whatever they can to hold onto Kelshaun, where FSU's disastrous season has seen just about everyone meaningful in their class open back up.

I really prefer kelshaun but it sounds like he’s more of a stretch then dylan 

Just now, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

I really prefer kelshaun but it sounds like he’s more of a stretch then dylan 

I was with you but then I heard Daylon is comparable to J Whitt and Deandre Moore. There aren't enough WRs who are gritty and can block - think that is much harder to find than a speed guy to be honest. 

16 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

I don't see how FSU can salvage a decent recruiting class with the season they're having! I'd think everyone who has committed is up for grabs!