Other College Games Thread: Week 6

2 hours ago, TarrantCoHorn said:

lol at TCU

I have frog fans in my extended family. Over the last few years they have been insufferable because they talk as though TCU has been a blue blood successful football program. I remind them that their success came about due to CDC and Gary Patterson. Sonny has shown how TCU has reverted to its' real position in CFB after he ran out of GP's recruits and developed players. I also remind them how bad the frogs were for decades before GP arrived in Ft Worth.

This season they gave up 66 points to SMU and just lost to Houston at Amon Carter Stadium. Yikes.

How long will TCU ride with Sonny?

PS...I haven't even mentioned Coach Schloss to the extended family. I'm waiting for the first trip to Omaha with his edition of the Longhorns.

• Hook 'Em 2

At some point, Sonny Dykes will go down as the average coach he is.

How some folks got all hot and bothered by him and his first year at TCU is a lesson for folks who jump to conclusions. A .500 to .550 coach doesn't change his stripes in a single year; he just got better players. And don't forget, he went with the wrong QB to start that season, too.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

At some point, Sonny Dykes will go down as the average coach he is.

How some folks got all hot and bothered by him and his first year at TCU is a lesson for folks who jump to conclusions. A .500 to .550 coach doesn't change his stripes in a single year; he just got better players. And don't forget, he went with the wrong QB to start that season, too.

...and better players he neither recruited nor developed.

• Hook 'Em 2