No. 1 Texas vs. No. 18 Oklahoma Game Week Thread

25 minutes ago, 4thandFive said:

If there is a year where Texas can run the table, it’s this one.

End to end. 15-0. From Smokey to Big Bertha to The Eyes. 

It starts this Saturday in Dallas. 

HookEm.

When we first got the schedule I called my nephew gleaming. I told him if we beat Michigan we could afford a loss to UGA and still be in contention for the CFP and possibly the Natty. Now the more I watch UGA, I get less and less impressed. Now the good guys still have to prove it on the grass, but as long as we stay relatively healthy the more I actually feel like this is our year🤘🏿

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

SIAP, but I found this fascinating  @Bobby Burton @Gerry Hamilton @CJ Vogel

I just looked at last years's boxscore, and only 3 skill position players that recorded an offensive stat in 2023 Texas-OU game are playing this Saturday: Quinn Ewers, Gunnar Helm, and Gavin Sawchuck. Crazy! 

Yep! Pretty remarkable stat, Jovantae Barnes is the only other one on either roster with a touch in this game.

Barnes had nine touches for 31 yards in 2022's 49–0 win. 

Remarkable stat nonetheless.

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, 4thandFive said:

If there is a year where Texas can run the table, it’s this one.

End to end. 15-0. From Smokey to Big Bertha to The Eyes. 

It starts this Saturday in Dallas. 

HookEm.

I would agree with this

• Hook 'Em 6

10 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

• UT's 11-straight home wins are the most since the Longhorns carried a 16-game winning streak at home in 2007-10.

• The Longhorns are 15-1 at home over the last three seasons with their only loss being a one-point defeat to No. 1 Alabama (20-19) in 2021.

This trend has to continue,  we need to make DKR  a place no one wants to come to play a game.  

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, GDI said:

This trend has to continue,  we need to make DKR  a place no one wants to come to play a game.  

It will get tested against UGA, but it is certainly on the path of becoming a tough place to play. Light years of where it was about 4 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, CJ Vogel said:

It will get tested against UGA, but it is certainly on the path of becoming a tough place to play. Light years of where it was about 4 years ago.

Would love for us to have a top 5 toughest place to play nationally. Winning of course helps that stat but a great home field advantage aids so many of the top teams.

• Hook 'Em 4

Criminal fans keep telling themselves that Ewers is going to turn the ball over "multiple" times and the Texas receivers aren't as good because they lost Xavier Worthy. They even claim the Texas offensive line isn't very good. I don't think they've actually watched the Texas offense this season. No comments by them on the match up of the Texas defense against the criminal offense.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, hookemrj13 said:

Rewatching last year's game....

They BLEW UP wr screen's, it was an obvious target of theirs to take away. 

Our blocking for wr screens was better last year so far imo...

will our wr blocking hold up this year for those types of plays?

That’s one concern for me. Even ULM was stifling some of those plays.

• Hook 'Em 1