What should I do??

Now wife starts planning for a fall wedding in 2005. She asks me if any dates are taken and I say actually only one is open - November 19.  

She looks at me with a confused look and asks how only one Saturday in the fall is open. I say that is the Saturday Texas has off before the aggy game.  She agreed and we had a great wedding on the off day of a historic season. 

Every year when the football schedule is announced she puts each game on our family calendar for all to see. 

I found a special one. 

21 hours ago, goattalk100 said:

21 hours ago, goattalk100 said:

Well here it is. I forgot my wife had planned an apple picking event for us and some friends for Saturday, which cannot be moved or rescheduled. Part of that is due to me being down in Austin for Texas-Georgia next week (I live in New York). So I’m wondering if I should go dark during the day, turning off all notifications & not checking scores until I can sit down that night & watch the replay. Or should I have it on my phone during the apple picking but only watching bits & pieces of the game. Either one seems a bit agonizing lol but what option would you choose?

Side note: marry a longhorn fan, it makes everything easier.

Play the " I have covid" card which I hear works very well in New York.

Edited by TexasMDcoach

22 hours ago, goattalk100 said:

Well here it is. I forgot my wife had planned an apple picking event for us and some friends for Saturday, which cannot be moved or rescheduled. Part of that is due to me being down in Austin for Texas-Georgia next week (I live in New York). So I’m wondering if I should go dark during the day, turning off all notifications & not checking scores until I can sit down that night & watch the replay. Or should I have it on my phone during the apple picking but only watching bits & pieces of the game. Either one seems a bit agonizing lol but what option would you choose?

Side note: marry a longhorn fan, it makes everything easier.

Picking apples, really? A couple things, my wife knows not to schedule anything for football Saturdays in the fall, it’s what my life revolves around and she knows that. How have you not illustrated this to her in the past? Either you aren’t that passionate about it by watching it nonstop or she’s completely not paying attention to what you love and what you do every Saturday. Secondly, have a spine and be willing to tell her you aren’t going. It’s very simple. 

• Haha 1