Injury Updates | Georgia Week (Tuesday AM)

• Moderators

A quick update on some injuries suffer against Oklahoma in Dallas.

– Steve Sarkisian announced the end of the season for DB Derek Williams due to an injury suffered on the opening kickoff of the second half. Williams was in obvious pain and was on crutches after the game with a heavy wrap on his knee.

Surgery will occur in a week or two. My best guess is a ligament injury, most likely ACL, but that is not confirmed at the moment.

– As for WR Isaiah Bond, the Texas WR was in a boot up until at least Monday evening. 

Sarkisian mentioned postgame he was knicked with an ankle and was unable to go in the second half. The week of practice will be crucial for his availability on Saturday against Georgia, but Sarkisian mentioned having more optimism than originally expected on Monday during his press conference.

*** Jake Majors got twisted up on a play where a lesser athlete probably loses his season but was able to remain in the game and appeared to be just fine Monday during his player availability.

• Hook 'Em 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

*** Jake Majors got twisted up on a play where a lesser athlete probably loses his season but was able to remain in the game and appeared to be just fine Monday during his player availability.

I enjoyed Jake taking a dabble into being a beat reporter haha.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Reminded me of Bijan vs. TTU, just not at the neck lol

Nothing as bad as that Bijan play. In the moment my 1st thought was his careers over.  I still have no idea how he got up front that. Literally makes my stomach turn just to think about. 

• Hook 'Em 2