Friday Morning Recruiting Nuggets (7:40 a.m. CST)

29 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Agreed. I think he’s going to be a pro after watching him on range and play nine yesterday… he looked an awful lot like the pros I used to watch when I lived in Jupiter 

I was actually wrong … his club head speed is reaching 131 now, and ball speed 192’ish 

He was carrying the ball well over 300 yesterday 

He’s got the mental part too 

131????whoa

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, goathumper said:

After little Surratt graduates, Sark should hire his dad to be a position coach. Maybe even DC

I'm very interested to see what Coach Surratt does after Jett graduates. Figure he will end with 10 or 11 State Titles as a HC. 

It would be college OC somewhere if he went down that path. He has turned down A LOT of opportunities already. 

• Hook 'Em 2

-Would love to get an arm length and shuttle time measurement on Woodfork. Think I like Morgan more than Woodfork, but Woodfork has more bend while Morgan more violent hands and basketball feet. Texas appears to be coveting length everywhere this cycle 

-Lance Jackson is just a badass. Great way to start the class with him in it. If Texas could clone him twice they would. One for offense, one for defense, one for David Pierce. I think he is the best overall EDGE prospect I’ve seen in state and rivals Townsend for best TE prospect. Great movement skills, and has a frame that is begging to pack on extra muscle.  I think Jackson has good hip, thoracic and ankle flexibility from playing so much other sports 

-Tradarian Ball is a great ballcarrier but imo the best two RBs in 2026 are Guillory and Osborne. Those two look like they could be some of the best two RBs in the nation. I think Ball could workout at slot if Texas wanted to take him there. He seems to really love Texas 

-You let Armstrong, Winston, Townsend and Washington develop over a two year period, and Sark could do some devious things out of 12 and even 13 personnel with that group. Really exciting stuff to think about. With the way Colin Klein offense likes to emphasize big personnel sets and the TE, I think Elko and Klein have to personally turn up the heat in Jasper and Dekaney. Aggies can’t lose two priorities prospects, at priority positions, in areas A&M has historically dominated recruiting. Especially not in year one to Sark

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/9/2024 at 11:45 AM, Gerry Hamilton said:

It really is. The more I get out on the road … the more the depth in 2025 in the state, and 2026 prospects becoming real guys is evident 

SARK really does work hard…. but he sure is a luck son of a gun with coaching carousel, resulting hs recruiting and portal wins, Patterson became available when he needed him to help with our coverage schemes, Jimbo sh*** the bed at the right time, Quinn decides to come back, etc…. Sarks timing is impeccable!!!…..Like DKR once said, “the hard I work…the luckier I get”!

4 hours ago, Texas Cowboy said:

https://twitter.com/samspiegs/status/1756342742450311300

Hmmm… this software doesn’t resolve a tweet URL into a display of the tweet? What am I doing wrong?

You're using a Twitter.com link to a tweet instead of the updated X.com or you have to give it a second to load the tweet into the reply box before hitting submit. 

Edited by Hashtag
  • Hook 'Em 1