Non conference games in the SEC

On Coffee and Football the topic of non conference games was discussed. More specifically, should we include in our non conference schedule the Michigans and Ohio States. My opinion is quite simple…no. If we were still in the Big 12 then we would need great non conference opponents to elevate our strength of schedule. Since we will have teams like Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, etc on a yearly basis there is no need to boost our non conference games as we did when we were playing Baylor, Iowa State, TCU, etc. 

What do you think? 

I like having at least one credible non-con on the schedule.  It just shows that we aren't scared of playing anyone.  I understand the argument against it, but I'm too much of a competitor to agree with that argument.  I also see the non-con schedule as an opportunity to find 'fun' matchups or interesting ones at least.  For example:  Texas vs. Texas State (new non-con rivalry game?)

• Hook 'Em 1

I had asked the original question during the show related to this topic. I feel maybe not a powerhouse non con opponent like Ohio st/Michigan/Clemson/Oregon… but with the entire B12 teams off the table as mentioned earlier, why not play at least a respectable opponent that’s gonna give you an honest look on what needs to be improved on before getting into that SEC schedule. I’d rather schedule a team like Tulane rather than rice or ULM. 

1 hour ago, VFL TX-EX said:

I like having at least one credible non-con on the schedule.  It just shows that we aren't scared of playing anyone.  I understand the argument against it, but I'm too much of a competitor to agree with that argument.  I also see the non-con schedule as an opportunity to find 'fun' matchups or interesting ones at least.  For example:  Texas vs. Texas State (new non-con rivalry game?)

Well a rivalry usually means the other team would get victories and i don’t see the bobcats getting one over on sark lol