NFL.com Draft Grades: Ten Longhorns Graded

• Blake Munroe changed the title to NFL.com Draft Grades: Ten Longhorns Graded

Must admit I don't agree with the "grading." Any player drafted in the first three rounds (with the exception of some QBs) is taken with the expectation that he will be a starter within two, at the outside, three years. Many RBs, LBs, and OGs are taken in the fourth or fifth round with the expectation they will be starters within three years. That covers all these guys down to Christian Jones, maybe Ford and Watts too.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Worthy's rating is kind of stunning. I hope he kills it at the combine.

Same.

I think his speed is underrated in that grade.

If Mecole Hardman can catch a game-winning TD in the Super Bowl, then so can Xavier Worthy. Worthy has similar speed and is a better receiver long-term.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

Same.

I think his speed is underrated in that grade.

If Mecole Hardman can catch a game-winning TD in the Super Bowl, then so can Xavier Worthy. Worthy has similar speed and is a better receiver long-term.

I do think his upside might be more tied to his OC, than most players. If he gets an OC like Bill OBrien, then that grade may turn out true. Put him with KC and I can’t buy enough Worthy stock 

7 hours ago, Danimal said:

The grade definitions are absolute nonsense. For example, I don't know if the boom-or-bust grade is a good or bad thing

I don't understand how boom or bust is considered a better grade than will be a good starter within 2 years. Unless it's not supposed to be analyzed in sequential order. To me boom or bust means a guy has a ton of talent but off the field issues/maturity issues/questionable desire to work. 

11 hours ago, Danimal said:

The grade definitions are absolute nonsense. For example, I don't know if the boom-or-bust grade is a good or bad thing

In the draft it is a good thing. Upside potential is paramount. That makes Worthy's grade pretty strange. I really cant imagine him being an average starter. He either can take the physicality and will be a very good player or he cant and he will be more of a gadget type player with a limited role 

As with college, I think a little luck plays into whether a player will be successful or not (most of the time).  As someone said earlier, Worthy's production may vastly differ from being in KC's offense versus being in say the Bears.  Also, there's a big difference in which QB is throwing you the ball, which is also out of the player's control.