Video: Commentary on the NCAA

Does this ruling move the needle towards ALL of college football not being regulated under the NCAA?  Or is it just another brick in the wall?  This one seems to be a pretty big deal.

How does the NCAA die?  

-Does the SEC & B1G opt out of the NCAA, or does the NCAA board decide they will close their charter in year 202X, and rebrand under a new regulatory authority?

I don’t see a world where the “teams that matter” play under a different set of rules than the teams who are still under the NCAA…and they play each other in sports.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, SkiBreck said:

Does this ruling move the needle towards ALL of college football not being regulated under the NCAA?  Or is it just another brick in the wall?  This one seems to be a pretty big deal.

How does the NCAA die?  

-Does the SEC & B1G opt out of the NCAA, or does the NCAA board decide they will close their charter in year 202X, and rebrand under a new regulatory authority?

I don’t see a world where the “teams that matter” play under a different set of rules than the teams who are still under the NCAA…and they play each other in sports.

This is big because it hits at a core focus of what the NCAA has always tried to legislate - recruiting.

The NCAA just needs to stop. We are headed to an open market. An open market means you don't make silly rules designed to get in the way of open competition.

If someone wants to decorate a hotel room with cookie cakes, then you let them do that. If someone wants to take photos on recruiting trips, you let them do that. Those are exactly the type of rules, ones that have just been instituted, that are emblematic of the NCAA not understanding what the hell is going on here. They still have their head in the sand and are operating like a dinosaur.

I think there needs to be a cultural re-set at the NCAA if the NCAA is to keep going.

Otherwise, I suspect 50-60 schools will break off and make their own set of rules for the sport of football, not governed at all by the NCAA.

The problem is: someone needs to lead from the front. Greg Sankey, we are looking at you.

• Hook 'Em 2

Well it is blatantly obvious that the prohibition of photographs and videos of athlete's is interference with their rights to promote their Name, Likeness and Image.  That cannot stand.

I sort of wish Texas would continue with recruiting business as normal and just let the NCAA try to do what it cannot.