Junior Day Leaves Strong Impression on 2026 Prospects

• Moderators

While the focus of the Junior Day on Saturday was to get the ball truly moving in the 2025 class, the Longhorn staff hosted an impressive crop of 2026 prospects as well.

The weekend allowed for the Longhorns to get their 2026 class started with the commitment of Aledo RB Raycine Guillory Jr., though some of the top in-state prospects in the state for the class were able to meet with the Texas staff and see campus. A few updates on some important sophomores that were on campus: 

A pair of Temple (TX) prospects made the trip down i35 for the Junior Day – DL Jamarion Carlton and DB Jason Bradford.

Bradford is a 6'2" defensive back with tremendous fluidity. I have watched him a few times in person in training sessions and each time he has been better than before. High upside with offers from Oklahoma State and Texas State.

The Temple staff is also very high on Jamarion Carlton as well. Five offers in the books already – Nebraska, UNT, SMU, Baylor and Houston.

Texas hosted 2026 Panther Creek WR Jalen Lott, formerly of Lovejoy. Lott spent plenty of time with Coach Steve Sarkisian on the visit with one-on-one time in his office. Jalen is the son of Texas Hall of Honor inductee James Lott for those unfamiliar. I think there is five-star potential here.

Another WR to be on notice for is 2026 San Marcos Henry Harris. The 6-foot-5 wide out from San Marcos plays like he is 6-feet tall. He is quick and can move very well. Add Harris to the offer watch list as the Longhorn staff continues out of the trail in the open window.

Texas has not offered a 2026 quarterback so far. Sarkisian is quite picky with his quarterback prospects and likes using the "We are only recruiting you" approach at the quarterback position.

Right now, Tampa (FL) QB Will Griffin is the one I am keeping my eyes on the closest for the 2026 QB picture. Griffin arrived Friday night and spent all of Saturday with the Texas staff, including Steve Sarkisian.

Griffin, a 6-foot-3 gunslinger, is the No. 4 quarterback in the class per 247Sports composite.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

James Lott was a freak athlete.

I have some clips of Jalen's on the freshman team in 2022, just absolutely freakish stuff. Apple didn't fall far if you get what I mean.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://texassports.com/honors/hall-of-honor/james-lott/886

As a high school track athlete, he scored 34.5 points to lead Refugio High School to the 1983 state title. He placed first in the high jump (7-4 3/4), first in long jump (24-1), second in high hurdles (13.7) and third in 300-meter hurdles (37.4), and was a member of the sixth-place 1600-meter relay team.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a question. I know Texas is coming close to scholarship numbers. Is there anything stopping an NIL collective or company from paying for a players school? For example Burt Auburn is not on scholarship…. What is stopping (name the company) from paying Bert the same amount of a semester to make appearances? Do you have to be on scholarship to receive NIL deals?