Pair of Recruiting Nuggets (Wednesday, 9:49 a.m.)

• Moderators

A few nuggets I have come across this weekend in regards to Texas recruiting the 2025 class.

First, there is a desire from new Texas offer and current Auburn DL commit Malik Autry to visit Austin this spring. Autry told me he is going to be making the trip to Texas but there was no date or timeline attached for when that might take place.

The 6-foot-5.5 and 320-pound defensive lineman has been committed to Auburn since February 1, 2023. Any chance of flipping this commitment starts with a visit to campus and building from there. 

Until then, it's just a prayer.

Our Gerry Hamilton released the visit dates for 2025 Jasper TE Kiotti Armstrong yesterday which included plans to visit three schools: LSU on March 23, Texas A&M on April 6 and Texas on April 13.

This does not quite lineup with where Texas wants its top offensive targets to arrive, as the April 6 visitors list has become remarkably loaded on that side of the ball. 

I too believe this will recruitment will be a Texas vs. Texas A&M battle when it all comes down to it. However, lately I have heard there is a slight edge in the favor of the Aggies despite the ties to Texas with early enrollee Tyanthony Smith helping the cause here.

Will certainly get a clearer picture following the spring visits and head into the summer months.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Glass Joe said:

Any chance that the local Jasper aggy cabal is making sure that Armstrong doesn’t get to Austin on April 6th?

Could be, there was a report yesterday that Armstrong was expected in College Station for both March 30 and April 6. But he only confirmed the April visit with OTF. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, GotElmodontcare said:

Ty A Smith connection is overblown. Armstrong will pick his school on his own. 

Damn I thought he was letting Smith pick for him. Im gonna need a min to let this process but thanks for the inside info. 

• Haha 1