Five-star WR locks in Texas official visit (Wednesday 7:43 a.m. CST)

• Moderators

Five-star WR locks in Texas official visit

Sachse (Texas) High wide receiver Kaliq Lockett will make an unofficial visit to Texas April 6, but that will not be his last trip to the Forty Acres.

Lockett, 6-2 and 175 pounds, told OnTexasFootball Wednesday morning that he has locked in an official visit to Texas. That visit will be June 21-23. 

The DFW area wide receiver with very high-end body control and 10.25 inch hands was offered by the Longhorns December 7. Following the offer were visits to Sachse High by Steve Sarkisian, Chris Jackson and Tashard Choice in December and January.

OnTexasFootball stopped by Sachse High last week, and spoke with Lockett to get his thoughts on Texas headed into the April 6 visit.

"Man, I was on the phone with Coach Sark last week and I talk to Coach (Chris) Jackson on a week-to-week basis," Lockett said February 27. "And I touch base with Coach (Tashard) Choice too. So the coaches and I stay in touch, and I can't wait to get back to Texas."

That visit to Texas will be a first in over a year, and the message is clear by Sarkisian and Jackson. 

"I was there for Junior Day last year (January 2023). Coach Sark's message is that I'm a top target for Texas right now. And Coach Jackson has stressed that too."

Lockett is also being recruited by Texas 2025 quarterback commitment K.J. Lacey (Saraland, Ala./High). 

"Oh yeah, I'm in contact with K.J. He's telling me to go ahead and slide to Texas. He wants to be my quarterback."

Lockett also knows Johntay Cook II and Xavier Filsaime from the TexasFlex 7v7 program. He speaks with Cook frequently. 

Before Lockett makes the April 6 visit to Texas, the DFW area fast rising star will make a trip of visits. 

"I have Florida State March 9, Penn State March 14, Ohio State March 22-23, Texas on April 6, LSU April 12 and Texas A&M April 20. And it could be more.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, Realist Horn said:

Any reason OU isn’t involved with the DFW prospect? They usually clean up there. 

1. OU sucks 

2. They already have 3 WR commits after taking 4 last year. 2 of the 3 this year are from Oklahoma

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, SkiBreck said:

Just set into reading the story, got to the 10.5” hands…i didn’t need to look up at the by line…and kept reading, knowing it was gold

Haha. Well done! I was shocked how big his hands were last week! Not sure I have ever seen hands that big on a 6-1.5/6-2 WR !

• Hook 'Em 1