2025 Louisiana RB Drops Top Schools, to Visit Texas

• Moderators

2025 Calvary Baptist Academy (LA) running back James Simon has dropped a top seven list that includes the Texas Longhorns.

I traded messages with Simon who also added he plans to visit Austin for the spring game on April 20.

The Longhorns will be battling LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Alabama and Louisiana Tech in this recruitment.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, AceHorn23 said:

No. You recruit the best of the best and see what happens. 

That is my mindset as well, get the best you can. Don't overlook Texas – which Texas has not done with this staff, but if you find an instant game-changer elsewhere go get them. i.e Ryan Wingo, Brandon Baker, Arch etc.

• Hook 'Em 11

18 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

That is my mindset as well, get the best you can. Don't overlook Texas – which Texas has not done with this staff, but if you find an instant game-changer elsewhere go get them. i.e Ryan Wingo, Brandon Baker, Arch etc.

I agree CJ...seems like TX, AL, GA, FL are the hot zones for sure. Grab'em all I say...just can't ruin the culture we've built over the past 3-4 years with Sark. Like J.T. said "Team success brings individual success." Hook'em!

Just now, Hookem97 said:

I agree CJ...seems like TX, AL, GA, FL are the hot zones for sure. Grab'em all I say...just can't ruin the culture we've built over the past 3-4 years with Sark. Like J.T. said "Team success brings individual success." Hook'em!

LA, CA as well