Texas 2025 Best Class Scenario: March 5 edition

1 hour ago, davideowens said:

If no DK Moore….do you like Harris or Marsh more??

If you want culture guys, then avoid Marsh at all cost.

1 hour ago, davideowens said:

The BIG Desoto OT just too much of a project??

He's a novelty, nothing more nothing less. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

I’ll be a bit out of pocket today until the livestream this afternoon. Bachelor party golf outing this AM. 

trying to figure out how to putt. 

Go left hand low. If not I always cut my putts

-Ideal class for me would have 3 TE and 5 DTs. If Texas can get Derry Norris, Floyd Guidry, Xavier Ukponu or Dillan Battle into the class as the 5th take they absolutely should. No matter who else is in the class, those 4 can play and the room needs to be restocked badly. 2 Large humans over 2 years of DT recruiting is simply not going to cut it 

-Interesting recruitments Texas trails for like Jonah Williams and Damien Shanklin are including but not Kiotti Armstrong. Im curious to see how the second and possibly 3rd EDGE takes shake out behind Lance Jackson. Texas seems to not be recruiting Smith Orgobo very hard. After taking 5 DBs last class, it wouldnt surprise if Texas is happy to just take 4 DBs this class and not reach far down the board 

-Michael Terry and Tanook Hines are interesting considerations for ATH takes. Hines ran a 10.55 yesterday. If he can play DB as well as WR, Texas should take a real hard look at fitting him in this class. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, davideowens said:

The BIG Desoto OT just too much of a project??

Unless he starts losing a lot of weight, yep. North of 400 pounds is not good at his age. He's been headed in wrong direction. Hope he starts working toward 360'ish

• Moderators
1 hour ago, zzz chese said:

Going to be interesting seeing how new NIL court stuff effects recruiting now that you can just buy players 

And the timing of it. IMO, it will accelerate the process even more for some prospects IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

I’m assuming you are taking into account which oos recruits are longshots.  I would consider faheem delane and akylin deer  to be in my best possible class.   What about Ty Haywood?  Does the staff just consider him not a fit?  

Ty Haywood not likely at all right now.

combo of best player/realistic right now … we shall see how it changes after some April UOV’s

• Hook 'Em 3

Gerry, Anthony Williams committed before Nansen was hired. From a recent interview it seemed that he wasn’t clear what was going on with his visits. Do we know that he is communicating with Nansen regularly and is he seen as a best case fit by Nansen?  We have so many LB options this year though he has a ton of upside.