College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread

48 minutes ago, Neil Leininger said:

Mitchell went from 40% FT in year one to nearly 60% in year two. I feel good about the coaches developing that FT percentage.

His shooting mechanics are horrifically bad. His shot has to be rebuilt. And he has to put in the work to fix that. 

11 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Texas likes Payne quite a bit as well. Especially if Brandon Garrison doesn't choose the Horns

Payne has a very glaring issue too, however. He can't throw it in the ocean from the FT line so far in his college career

could they get Payne/Garrison and still get a shooting big? @Gerry Hamilton

7 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Not likely if Onyema stays, but we shall see what happens. Not likely anyways with Kent on board. 

Jayson Kent is going to play some stretch four for Texas, and probably quite a bit. 

Kent will play Cunningham's role from last year, but much better because he's more of an offensive threat than Cunningham ever was.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, bierce said:

Is he laughing yet?

My best friend is a pastor and realtor. His older brother is an Aggie. So when I saw him recently I simply said I never saw you help a dog. You were never on a ranch. So you’re not a farmer or a vet. He said do you know what A&M is also known for? Priests! It’s true I checked it out. 

43 minutes ago, Jordan91 said:

My best friend is a pastor and realtor. His older brother is an Aggie. So when I saw him recently I simply said I never saw you help a dog. You were never on a ranch. So you’re not a farmer or a vet. He said do you know what A&M is also known for? Priests! It’s true I checked it out. 

So you think Pope goes to A&M to become a priest, so that he has a better chance to one day become Pope?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Neil Leininger said:

Wow, Duke has now lost it's 7th player to the portal. The Jon Scheyer regime is falling apart. I don't care what talent he is bringing in because you aren't winning the NCAAT with a team full of freshmen.

And Sean Stewart is a work in progress but a monster rebounder.

@Gerry Hamilton How confident are we that we get Pope and Garrison? We haven’t heard of any other possible names (besides Payne) so it seems like all of our chips are on those 2. Curious if you think we land both and what is plan b here if they go elsewhere? Petraitis seems more unlikely now too