College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread

• Moderators
5 hours ago, carsonsmith84 said:

Gerry, are any of these guys legitimate targets? Or are they being more conservative early and waiting till this time next week when there will be much more? @Gerry Hamilton

Texas is so NCAA Tournament focused right now ... any player that seeks a quick decision won't be in play. They will truly dive in after the season concludes... but Texas is getting a lot of calls. That I can say. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

@Gerry Hamilton how strong is Texas NIL wise in hoops? Can they compete NIL wise with the upper portal guys?

I ask because Texas has the other stuff to sell. Success, arena,  coach/staff in place zero hot seat etc.

Compete, yes. Enough to take out the basketball decision totally, nope. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/22/2024 at 11:03 AM, Gerry Hamilton said:

Currently, Brandon Garrison is the No. 1 target big

Would Texas continue to pursue Chomche if they were to land Garrison out of the portal? 

2 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

My fiends of years, friend of tears!!!

Great to have you on OTF

You’re the best around man. What else can I do? Oh I did say I would chop my other hand off if Liam came. I think I am safe on that one. Soon as I saw your portal thread it was a no brainer. I see some Terry haters here. God almighty they need a point guard. Hunter fell of a cliff against Tennessee. 

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Jordan91 said:

You’re the best around man. What else can I do? Oh I did say I would chop my other hand off if Liam came. I think I am safe on that one. Soon as I saw your portal thread it was a no brainer. I see some Terry haters here. God almighty they need a point guard. Hunter fell of a cliff against Tennessee. 

Yeah, I don't see Liam 

Portal ... PG, wing shooter and two bigs is what Texas is going to be after 

Yeah, Hunter just went in the tank. Wildly inconsistent season.

15 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Yeah, I don't see Liam 

Portal ... PG, wing shooter and two bigs is what Texas is going to be after 

Yeah, Hunter just went in the tank. Wildly inconsistent season.

Hearing anything about who else Texas is targeting in the portal so far, Gerry?