College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread

1 hour ago, Realist Horn said:

2 other D1 programs have no issues signing Beard, but Texas couldn’t wait for a full investigation and then hired a guy who has never built a successful team. 

Arkansas hired Bobby Petrino who had an affair with a co-ed and Ole Miss hired Hugh Freeze who used a school-issued phone for prostitutes with a wife and kids at home. I don't think either exactly sets a good example in morality.

• Hook 'Em 2

I have two questions, or rather a first question and a second question in two parts.

First question is whether Texas is looking to the portal just for one year plug and play types, long term contributors for roster stability and continuity, or some mix of those?

Second question is whether Keanu Dawes of Rice is actually in the portal or not, and if he is, then is Texas interested? 

35 minutes ago, bierce said:

I have two questions, or rather a first question and a second question in two parts.

First question is whether Texas is looking to the portal just for one year plug and play types, long term contributors for roster stability and continuity, or some mix of those?

Second question is whether Keanu Dawes of Rice is actually in the portal or not, and if he is, then is Texas interested? 

I’m not Gerry but for the 2nd question- if he’s in the portal or not, I don’t see them being interested in a guy like that. I think they want more proven guys. 

On 4/6/2024 at 12:47 PM, carsonsmith84 said:

His 6’7 Sister is one of the best Middle Blockers in the country who transferred from Minnesota to Wisconsin. Very athletic family obviously, would be nice to bring one member south!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, carsonsmith84 said:

I’m not Gerry but for the 2nd question- if he’s in the portal or not, I don’t see them being interested in a guy like that. I think they want more proven guys. 

Have to wait for the first one that commits. Only pattern I have seen so far is on wing/small forward and point guard/combo guard. 

50 minutes ago, Jordan91 said:

36% three point percentage and 80% foul shooter last year. 

Man, I don't know if I'd touch anyone from that Arkansas roster. Their chemistry (or lack thereof) killed their season and drove their coach west.

1 hour ago, GQ03 said:

Man, I don't know if I'd touch anyone from that Arkansas roster. Their chemistry (or lack thereof) killed their season and drove their coach west.

Yeah they definitely need a unified team. Doesn’t hurt to bring him in and just kind of get a feel of what he is looking for.