Four-Star DL to Visit Texas for Spring Game (Saturday 3:23 p.m.)

2 hours ago, Ace Recruiter said:

Sark is the architect of the culture. If he is still pursuing, I'm in. I'm sure he has way more resources than most of us on this board.

If he is still pursuing, I’m out. That’s the same blind loyalty that got Baylor where it is now. Adrift.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Texas literally talked to him a few days ago.

We can’t act like the recruitment doesn’t exist.

You don’t need to be promoted him all over Twitter. Why don’t you ask some hard-hitting questions to Sark like why are they still pursuing him? What do you think of Byron Murphy, Xavier and Jonathan Brooks promoting the story of Gus knowingly trying to poison him? You know, kind of like a reporter would? 

6 minutes ago, VaHorn said:

If he is still pursuing, I’m out. That’s the same blind loyalty that got Baylor where it is now. Adrift.  

Slow down there. Don't compare this to Baylor. Two completely different things. And it's not like UT us the only one pursuing.

I would personally pass, but not going to act like the sky is falling because of this instance 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, VaHorn said:

You don’t need to be promoted him all over Twitter. Why don’t you ask some hard-hitting questions to Sark like why are they still pursuing him? What do you think of Byron Murphy, Xavier and Jonathan Brooks promoting the story of Gus knowingly trying to poison him? You know, kind of like a reporter would? 

Give me a break with the BS. Take it somewhere else, seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Give me a break with the BS. Take it somewhere else, seriously. 

Sorry, Gerry. I guess you just have to deal with people that don’t like this sort of behavior. I’m sure Baylor mods would’ve said the same thing when people criticized Art Briles. Give me a break with this BS. Art has done nothing wrong. 

Gus Cardova is a cuss word to most of the Longhorn fanbase now and for good reason.  Love what Sark has done with this program since he got here, but he has to answer some tough questions if he takes on this kid straight out of high school knowing what we know about him now.  Let him go to a "Last Chance U" type of situation for a year or two before transferring to b D-1 CFB program.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, VaHorn said:

Sorry, Gerry. I guess you just have to deal with people that don’t like this sort of behavior. I’m sure Baylor mods would’ve said the same thing when people criticized Art Briles. Give me a break with this BS. Art has done nothing wrong. 

No, you calling OTF out for reporting the visit. Trying to tell me how to do my job.

That’s the BS. Take it somewhere else, seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 10

23 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

No, you calling OTF out for reporting the visit. Trying to tell me how to do my job.

That’s the BS. Take it somewhere else, seriously. 

I agree. I have read a number of accounts of the incident and they all varied slightly. Did he know that peanuts were life threatening? Did he think that they would just give him a rash? Did he really try to clean up the peanuts from the locker when he learned how dangerous they might be? I do not know, and to be honest I doubt anyone on this board knows for sure. 
However, if anyone who has posted opposition to this recruitment and has driven under the influence (liquor or drugs) then your hypocrisy is showing. Those of you questioning Sark over this remind me of his first two years when you were calling for his firing (or PK, Choate, Gideon, etc) and who now scream his praises. 
To the original topic, I trust Sark will not do anything to jeopardize the program. He has as much, and in some ways more, than any of us to lose if this goes South. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, TTown said:

Not worth it it is not gonna happen. The only due diligence that needs to be done is by Vogel. But ex players that understand culture sure as hell gave their opinion.

Then mysteriously a dime dropped to Anwar no interest. He is believing this kid and the LT CYA crowd. LMAO at this . Done with it , I'll come back Spring Game and see if he is there.

Multiple sites are reporting this visit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Longhornfocus said:

This one seems pretty black-and-white. Did he do it or not? If so, not sure what due diligence would do for you. 

Did LT suspend him at all? If so, seems like a pretty good indication 

“Suspended” him for one game plus the bye week.  He was still dressed for the game and would’ve been used if needed. LT won 45-0 or something like that.  

There's a surprising amount of vitriol in some of these post considering this is a report about an unofficial visit. Maybe it would be good to consider that Sark and staff have asked all of the questions and gotten as many answers as they need, and that this visit is the next step in their "due diligence" process. Perhaps they would like to see how he interacts with other players and recruits during this visit to better evaluate how he may, or may not,  fit into the culture. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to think or what to think, just to consider that you may not have all of the facts and could be writing this young man off prematurely. If he's truly a bad guy, and not just a 16 year old who made a bad decision, something else will come out or I'm guessing someone else would have something to report.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

think most people hate this kid and don't like hearing the scheduled visit.. and are taking it out on CJ/Gerry for reporting it (like they do for all recruitments)..

Yeah, our coaches have built my trust in them and have shown they don't mind showing bad apples the door (Hall, Ross, etc). 

Let he without sin cast the first stone, indeed.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, VaHorn said:

While not as extreme as the Baylor Briles situation, the fact that not just fans, but former and current players are saying they don’t want this guy on the team, yet he’s still being considered by UT is mind-boggling.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, David Latiolais said:

I am so glad, yall weren't around when I was 16, the pranks we played on teammates would have us in prison with this group. I kind of hope Texas sings him to see how many quit being Longhorns fan

no one cares about you getting t bagged in the lockeroom

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, David Latiolais said:

Let he without sin cast the first stone. He was stupid, but he was 16 and if has been forgotten by the player, and has apologized and learned a real lesson, then give the kid a chance. 

Amen! Can’t act like every other recruit (and us personally) are without sin

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1