Jump to content

rookemhorns

Supporters
  • Posts

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rookemhorns

  1. I track prices every year. The sweet spot is Weds-Thurs before the game. It used to be that deals were to be had right at gametime or after kickoff, but those days are over. A few years ago I went to the Fairgrounds, checked prices for hours and never bought a ticket, not even at halftime. It feels like with this and other secondary market ticket prices that there simply isn't movement last minute as there was before. I suspect large scalping orgs eat up large chunks of the tix and are willing to eat a few tix to protect their prices elsewhere. But whatever the dynamics, ticket prices are absolutely nuts these days. I really wanted to see Beach House here in Nashville tonight but I'm not going to pay $270 a ticket. They should be less than $80. 2026 is awful.
  2. There's literally a video at the top of this thread that shows 1 second left on the clock. I don't understand your confusion over the matter.
  3. Which makes it all the more impressive that I have a Master's from the University of Texas at Austin. You?
  4. you must be fun at parties
  5. Not many surprises, but there's some interesting stuff: Kobe Black over Derek Williams Cole Hutson MIA Goosby starting Sikorski OR Seymour
  6. The leadership of college football has always and will always do the wrong thing until forced to do otherwise. It's kind of remarkable how people come and people go, but they always side with stupid. It took decades to make these changes: Crown a champion after bowl games Allow TV networks to decide during the season which games to televise (it was previously decided before the season) Create a 1-vs-2 natty Allow players to be compensated for their labor Allow players to transfer without sitting out (how many players never made it to the NFL because they never got their chance?) Create a playoff system Here's all the obvious things the need to fix: Eliminate worthless cupcake games (it'd be incredibly easy to compensate smaller schools with the additional TV money better matchups would bring) Revert to 2-minute tv timeouts (not even the for-profit NFL does 3 minute commercial breaks) Eliminate auto bids (G5 has been completely raided of both schools and players yet we still romanticize the anecdotal exceptions from the distant past) Create a relegation system so smaller schools can actually have a chance to build legitimate programs Finish the season BEFORE the portal / coaching changes Eliminate unlimited transfers Set boundaries around NIL and individual donors Only an act of Congress could save college football.
  7. Nashville, TN. Wish I lived back in Austin (spent 18 great years there) or farther west. Nashville sucks.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.