Practice Remarks From A Pair Of HS Coaches

So Blake, you are saying this is a high school that no one from the current Texas staff has visited?  They do not seem to be 2A coaches to me, so I wonder if they do not have any highly touted players over the last few years? 

I wonder if you will get a call from Moncrief inquiring as to the identity of these guys?

This is your best work yet!

🤘🏻🤘🏼🤘🤘🏽🤘🏾🤘🏿

Edited by Burnt Orange Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Lupton Pittman said:

HOT TAKE: A leading Heisman contender coupled with 5-star Arch Manning might win a Texas high school state title. 

Haha. Obviously he didn’t mean having them on his room, but he was talking more about the depth and not much of a drop off from QB to QB. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

So Blake, you are saying this is a high school that no one from the current Texas staff has visited?  They do not seem to be 2A coaches to me, so I wonder if they do not have any highly touted players over the last few years? 

I wonder if you will get a call from Moncrief inquiring as to the identity of these guys?

This is your best work yet!

🤘🏻🤘🏼🤘🤘🏽🤘🏾🤘🏿

Correct. They have some kids (one is a P4 signee), but not Texas level kids at the moment. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Thanks Blake!

You’re welcome!

I enjoy this type of stuff because it’s not your typical “player x looks amazing.” It gives you a completely different perspective and a peek behind the curtain. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lupton Pittman said:

HOT TAKE: A leading Heisman contender coupled with 5-star Arch Manning might win a Texas high school state title. 

You'd be surprised. 

There's a 3-time Super Bowl mvp that couldn't get close to winning one. 

• Haha 1

Sarkisian at Texas is going to go on a run. Last year was just the tip of the iceberg IMHO. I think the next decade will surpass what Mack did, only because of the difference between the playoffs and the BCS, i.e. Sarkisian will have more chances because 12 >>> 2,

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Jack Lala said:

Truly great stuff, Blake. A lot can be learned from coaches outside of a program and how they see things.

100% agree. Always good to hear from someone in the know, but that has an outsiders perspective.

• Hook 'Em 1