OTF’s Bobby Burton On Paul Finebaum (Video)

• Moderators

Sorry for the delay. I managed to really screw this one up before getting the correct version out. Those screw ups included:

- no audio

- audio, but me talking over them to my wife and it being in the video  

- me accidentally making my webcam show me in the video as well so my face was in the video

It was a wild ride, but here we are. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

I like Tony B , always have. Has to play to his base, yeah I get it. However, I have serious doubt  he has ever been to a Texas/Ou game. People who go to The Cotton Bowl on the second Saturday in October for the first time don't come out the same. Their is no comparison.  

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, rocketman said:

I like Tony B , always have. Has to play to his base, yeah I get it. However, I have serious doubt  he has ever been to a Texas/Ou game. People who go to The Cotton Bowl on the second Saturday in October for the first time don't come out the same. Their is no comparison.  

He grew up in Georgia. Florida-Georgia is everything to him. Just like Alabama-Auburn is to Paul. And Texas-OU to me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

And to me Bobby, I guess sometimes I forget . I sat in the cotton bowl second weekend in Oct 1977 and watched Texas and Ou literally fight it out vicious play after vicious play. Earl Campbell had 130 of the toughest yards he ever gained. Johnnie Johnson and Brad Shear stopped Thomas Lott on 4th down inside the 10. Three plays later Russell Erxlaben punted the ball 65 yards out of our end zone with the wind at his back and Texas won 13-6. It was a beautiful day and I was 20 years old. Man I remember the moment like yesterday. Regardless, its the greatest rivalry game in football. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve been to the cocktail party twice. The tailgating is great but the atmosphere in the game itself isn’t close to what it’s like inside of the cotton bowl. If you play your rivalry game in a NFL stadium, you're automatically disqualified imo.

• Hook 'Em 3

I've been fortunate to attend a handful of rivalry games nation wide. To me, only the Mich OSU game measure up to the RRR.

The Miami-Notre Dame series was great. The winner if that game would usually win the Natty, but it was a series, not a true annual rivalry. The Army-Navy game is a must see for any sports fan, but it's different. Patriotic as hell, but a lower talent level. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I dont have the quotes but I remember ryan watts commenting that RRR was superior to M OSU. Kellan Robinson commented that RRR was superior to the iron bowl. 

Although to be fair it's possible they would make the opposite statement if they had transferred from Texas I stead of to Texas. 

All I know is RRR is unlike any other game I have ever attended at any level of sport.