⚾️⚾️⚾️ NCAA Baseball Regionals Thread ⚾️⚾️⚾️

• Moderators

We will continue this thread for any good regional moments between now and tomorrow; but since Texas is out, I’m going to unpin it. 

I’ll start a new post here in a bit regarding the Horns and the future. Checking with a couple of different sources on some things. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

I've heard that people close to the program expect Pierce back, but we all saw what happened to Tom Herman & Shaka. CDC doesn't telegraph his passes. 

(...and don't tell me that Shaka left UT for Marquette on his own volition)

Edited by horns96

1 hour ago, horns96 said:

I've heard that people close to the program expect Pierce back, but we all saw what happened to Tom Herman & Shaka. CDC doesn't telegraph his passes. 

(...and don't tell me that Shaka left UT for Marquette on his own volition)

I think he will be the coach next season. I’m not convinced he’s the right man for the job going forward next year. But there’s also no guarantee a new coach would do better than he will next year. Now if he stays and doesn’t hire a solid pitching coach fit would hit the shan with fans. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ThatHornsGuy87 said:

@Blake Munroe CDC calls you tomorrow and says you're in charge of the next hire for Texas baseball coach. Who are you realistically hiring and why? 

I posted this (screenshot below) on page 11, as it’s from a thread earlier in the season I made about coaches I’d like to see Texas go after from a realistic standpoint, although Vitello going to get tougher and tougher to get by the day. I’m calling everyone on Tier 1 tomorrow and gauging interest and then going from there. 

Honestly I’d probably take Tony Vitello over all of them, but if I had to choose a main guy and a backup plan:

1. Vitello - He took Tenn from a program with little success to a powerhouse who’s constantly in contention. Not only that, but fans love him. Look no further than him constantly talking to fans, celebrating with them in the bleachers, hosting pizza parties, etc. NIL would be helped by this hire in a big way. A tremendous way actually. Players also feed off that energy. His players love him. 

I would do everything I could to make him say no.

2. Erik Bakich. High baseball IQ guy and it translates on the field. His teams are sound and play a brand of baseball that translates well at this level. He’s also one hell of a developer. He’s done well at places that aren’t baseball powerhouses. Another players coach as well. If one thing gives me pause, it might be his postseason record. But I think he can overcome that with elite talent at a place like Texas. 

Vaughn and Canham would be next in line.

image.jpeg.7ec8aa9703800ac07daec1678cf23a9e.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Blake Munroe said:

I posted this (screenshot below) on page 11, as it’s from a thread earlier in the season I made about coaches I’d like to see Texas go after from a realistic standpoint, although Vitello going to get tougher and tougher to get by the day. I’m calling everyone on Tier 1 tomorrow and gauging interest and then going from there. 

Honestly I’d probably take Tony Vitello over all of them, but if I had to choose a main guy and a backup plan:

1. Vitello - He took Tenn from a program with little success to a powerhouse who’s constantly in contention. Not only that, but fans love him. Look no further than him constantly talking to fans, celebrating with them in the bleachers, hosting pizza parties, etc. NIL would be helped by this hire in a big way. A tremendous way actually. Players also feed off that energy. His players love him. 

I would do everything I could to make him say no.

2. Erik Bakich. High baseball IQ guy and it translates on the field. His teams are sound and play a brand of baseball that translates well at this level. He’s also one hell of a developer. He’s done well at places that aren’t baseball powerhouses. Another players coach as well. If one thing gives me pause, it might be his postseason record. But I think he can overcome that with elite talent at a place like Texas. 

Vaughn and Canham would be next in line.

image.jpeg.7ec8aa9703800ac07daec1678cf23a9e.jpeg

I remember you giving a list on coffee and football. I just wanted to see your choice. I'm not as tuned in with college baseball outside of the Horns like I am with football. When it comes to baseball I trust what you say as if Manscape Man was giving us recruiting knowledge. 

• Haha 1