Craig Way joins OTF

I’m a couple of years older than you Bobby but I feel like I grew up watching and listening to Craig Way lol

one of my all time favorite sports columnist and sportscasters out of San Antonio was Dan Cook.  I have his book of stories , I love listening to these type of conversations.  

great segment!  You guys at OTF are the best in the business!

• Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, Bob Pirie said:

I’m a couple of years older than you Bobby but I feel like I grew up watching and listening to Craig Way lol

one of my all time favorite sports columnist and sportscasters out of San Antonio was Dan Cook.  I have his book of stories , I love listening to these type of conversations.  

great segment!  You guys at OTF are the best in the business!

Dan Cook was terrific. I didn't read him until I got to Texas and the San Antonio paper would be around campus.

I grew up reading Mickey Herskowitz on the Longhorns.

• Hook 'Em 2

I am always blown away by his play by play calling skill,  and his vast memory and knowledge of UT sports and high school sports in general. Any kid who plays for Texas has to be proud of the way he knows everything about them and where they came from and educates his audience so well. Definitely the GOAT.

• Hook 'Em 3

Mickey Herskowitz on the "Colt 45s" name change to the "Astros":  

So what we will call them, for short?

That was an era when Texas sports writers were simply the best, In Houston, DFW, and SA.

And before Craig? There was Kern Tips.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, MarkInAustin said:

And before Craig?

I was a big fan of Bill Schoening.  I know he’s the voice of the Spurs, but I don’t live in SA and don’t care about NBA basketball.

On the original topic, Craig has done an outstanding job for the Longhorns.  He’s first class all the way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/15/2024 at 11:32 AM, Alex Butler said:

@Bobby Burton I saw this thread title and got all giddy thinking that that he might have joined OTF full time to do shows with you, CJ, Rod, Blake, and Gerry!!! What a great interview y’all do such awesome work!!! Hook’em!

Same 🤣

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2024 at 8:17 PM, tsip92 said:

I was a big fan of Bill Schoening.  I know he’s the voice of the Spurs, but I don’t live in SA and don’t care about NBA basketball.

On the original topic, Craig has done an outstanding job for the Longhorns.  He’s first class all the way. 

if I recall correctly, Bill and Craig were a duo, Bill was play by play and Craig was color for a long time. That combo was probably the best in all of college sports. Craig is fantastic, but I don't think his partners are nearly as good together with Craig as Bill and Craig were together.