Texas Baseball Picks Up 2025 Commitment (Friday 7:05 PM)

Blake Munroe

• Moderators

On Friday evening, the Longhorns picked up their second commitment of the 2025 class under new Head Coach Jim Schlossnagle. 

Jack Paris, a one time Texas A&M commit out of Houston Kincaid, has decided to switch his commitment from the Aggies to the Longhorns.  Paris can play first base and is a stud on the mound, although it’s currently unknown where Texas plans to use him. 

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound right hander had a 90 mph fastball last summer. 

• Hook 'Em 29

55 minutes ago, cmk4pres said:

Nice pickup. Want all the arms. Aggy trying to buy Jace and GG

A&M trying to use NIL to keep their best players is totally expected, They'd be idiots if they didn't try. Not that it's going to matter imo. As Bobby has said multiple times, Baseball NIL is not an issue at all right now. Having said that, go donate to the Occupy Left Field Foundation to support the program! Blindingly bright future ahead for this program, but we've all gotta do our part.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BigPickleTexas said:

How do you know? Your not a mod?

You're correct, I'm not a mod but I have connections that are pretty unique to this situation that have afforded me the rare opportunity to actually be "in the know" due to a confluence of circumstances surrounding this whole thing. I DM'd Blake about it the other day and I'll be doing a post mortem of sorts on this whole Schloss thing once the dust finally settles.

If this were any other sport or perhaps any other time in my life I wouldn't know what I do about this whole thing. Timing and who you know is pretty key in life sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Horn95 said:

You're correct, I'm not a mod but I have connections that are pretty unique to this situation that have afforded me the rare opportunity to actually be "in the know" due to a confluence of circumstances surrounding this whole thing. I DM'd Blake about it the other day and I'll be doing a post mortem of sorts on this whole Schloss thing once the dust finally settles.

If this were any other sport or perhaps any other time in my life I wouldn't know what I do about this whole thing. Timing and who you know is pretty key in life sometimes.

Ah preciate it, and just so you know I meant that question seriously. 

Continue to tell us these things! 😉

1 hour ago, BigPickleTexas said:

Ah preciate it, and just so you know I meant that question seriously. 

Continue to tell us these things! 😉

I may hint at things here and there, but frankly y'all don't need me to say anything. Blake and CJ are all over this. There were a couple of times this week where I thought I'd scooped Blake and he was already well ahead of the curve. Y'all don't know how good you have it with the baseball coverage here. Want to give my guy @Blake Munroe his flowers a little bit here. We connected for the first time earlier this week and he couldn't have been nicer and more receptive to hearing what I had to say. Being willing to take time out of his day to hear out a nobody like me speaks volumes of his character. Good people here and I hope y'all appreciate them as much as I've grown to.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, Horn95 said:

A&M trying to use NIL to keep their best players is totally expected, They'd be idiots if they didn't try. Not that it's going to matter imo. As Bobby has said multiple times, Baseball NIL is not an issue at all right now. Having said that, go donate to the Occupy Left Field Foundation to support the program! Blindingly bright future ahead for this program, but we've all gotta do our part.

I already do 

12 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

On Friday evening, the Longhorns picked up their second commitment of the 2025 class under new Head Coach Jim Schlossnagle. 

Jack Paris, a one time Texas A&M commit out of Houston Kincaid, has decided to switch his commitment from the Aggies to the Longhorns.  Paris can play first base and is a stud on the mound, although it’s currently unknown where Texas plans to use him. 

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound right hander had a 90 mph fastball last summer. 

Jack's father, David Paris, played for Coach Gus at UT. 

(Also, it's spelled Kinkaid.)