Anding Anding Commitment Delayed

Doesn’t seem like there’s much reason to get into a bidding war for an NIL first guy in June/July cause you’re just driving up the price and giving other teams a number to beat that they can fundraise for over the Fall. If you like one of these NIL first guys just give him an increase at the last minute. Pay increases are exciting, especially once the old number gets stale.
Get them excited right before they have to actually sign (assuming you want them in the locker room). Everything before is just a dance. 
Seems like the staff gets that and will have a plan. I don’t see a reason to worry about it now really. Having open spots to fill late can be selling point to certain guys as well (playing time). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

Interesting turn of events. This is what happens when you're recruiting in the SEC and in foreign territory. Be ready for stuff like this.

Is LSU going to be the pick on July 1st? 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, WestlakeLonghorn said:

This is what happens when you focus on recruits outside of Texas - just need to understand that we aren't the "home" school / don't have that advantage.   Big boy recruiting - win some lose some.  As for LSU I'm not sold on them this season.  I think we beat Michigan and end up in the SEC championship - while LSU loses 3-4 games. 

I love that we’re creating a national footprint but we can’t do it at the expense of missing upper tier Texas kids. Are there literally zero DT prospects in Texas for 2025 besides DJ Sanders? 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Zachery Nelson said:

Texas about to have only a top 15 class 

how is this happening? We beat bama , went to the playoffs and now joining the sec and now looks like our class is falling apart …. This sucks right now 

Yeah and think about it - Fasusi seems OU bound now and Moore could be snatched up last minute via bag dropping.  Could influence Ffrench, Lockett, etc. to look elsewhere.  No reason Texas should ever have worse than a #10 ranked recruiting class unless the HC has gotten fired.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

Yeah and think about it - Fasusi seems OU bound now and Moore could be snatched up last minute via bag dropping.  Could influence Ffrench, Lockett, etc. to look elsewhere.  No reason Texas should ever have worse than a #10 ranked recruiting class unless the HC has gotten fired.

With a coach and staff going into their 4th year at that. The relationships should be there at this point. The momentum should be obvious. CB and DT recruiting has a Herman level vibe going into his last year feel to it, having to settle for the lowest ranked player offered. Not ideal. I guess we should be happy though, with the 8th ranked class in the SEC. 

25 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

With a coach and staff going into their 4th year at that. The relationships should be there at this point. The momentum should be obvious. CB and DT recruiting has a Herman level vibe going into his last year feel to it, having to settle for the lowest ranked player offered. Not ideal. I guess we should be happy though, with the 8th ranked class in the SEC. 

What?  We haven't even hit prime commitment calendar time yet.  We have at least 8 commits or more that will bolster the class significantly. 

Edited by Adam Lane
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/29/2024 at 7:46 AM, Gerry Hamilton said:

Yep. Had a person I worked with for a decade that lives in Mississippi predict this one months ago - said Dear would end up at Bama. 

Bama is rolling. Deboer with Bama talent will be a tough out IMO. 

I was hoping Choice was back in his messaging circle.  😟

3 hours ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Well Knight is trying to buy UO a Natty before he kicks the bucket. Other schools are targeting that one player who can pull one side of the ball with him.  Texas pays more in football NIL than any other program, but they are trying to keep it balanced.  No downtown luxury high rise condos for Texas.

I prefer the Texas way, especially for building team culture.  The New York Yankees spend a lot of money on salary every year but seldom make it to the playoffs.  Football is still a team sport and no one player carries a team.

• Hook 'Em 1