Zach Root to Arkansas

Can’t help but feel a little underwhelmed with how the baseball stuff has shaken out so far. In hindsight, I should not have expected every major program to just let us have our way with them, but it was hard not to get caught up in the way the coaching change went down. 

It seems to me like A&M threw a strong (and unexpected) counter punch, and some of the portal recruiting was not as solid as we may have thought. Such is life in the portal though. I think, ultimately, we will obviously come out on the plus side because we have a top tier coach now, but I hope we can really land some studs if we’re going to be a contender in short order. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Ojeezy said:

Can’t help but feel a little underwhelmed with how the baseball stuff has shaken out so far. In hindsight, I should not have expected every major program to just let us have our way with them, but it was hard not to get caught up in the way the coaching change went down. 

It seems to me like A&M threw a strong (and unexpected) counter punch, and some of the portal recruiting was not as solid as we may have thought. Such is life in the portal though. I think, ultimately, we will obviously come out on the plus side because we have a top tier coach now, but I hope we can really land some studs if we’re going to be a contender in short order. 

A$M made a very sighted move. They didn’t even want Earley until they struck out with other targets. 

Texas will get others. I really wish we could get Thomas and Flores back. That would be huge and big as any portal move.