Who do you consider to be the Blue Blood college football programs?….

8 minutes ago, Jerky said:

Many don't include em but borderline teams are Penn St, Nebraska, FSU, TN, GA and LSU. 

Agree on Nebraska and Penn State. There was a time, maybe 20 years ago that Nebraska was a definite blue blood, but they’ve had such a steep decline that they may have come down a notch. Penn State at one time was maybe blue blood, but I’m not sure they were ever solidly in that category, and have faded a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Georgia is one for me. 

1. Alabama

2. Ohio State

3. Notre Dame

4. USC

5. Oklahoma

6. Texas

7. Michigan 

8. Penn State

9. LSU

10. Georgia 

... good convo

Penn State over Florida State? Penn State over Nebraska?  Penn State over Florida?  I guess we need an operational definition of "blue blood".

Lot's of recency bias in that list, but agree, interesting conversation.🤘

Edited by horns96

• Moderators
On 7/8/2024 at 11:05 PM, horns96 said:

Penn State over Florida State? Penn State over Nebraska?  Penn State over Florida?  I guess we need an operational definition of "blue blood".

Lot's of recency bias in that list, but agree, interesting conversation.🤘

For me, yep. Penn State is a top 10 modern era program in about every metric used to calculate … even James Franklin has stacked up 10 win seasons and 4 more AP Poll top 10 finishes for Penn State - he just hasn’t gotten the program over the hump.

I probably have Nebraska too low on my personal list … but college football has changed so much in the last 25 years, and none of it has been good for Nebraska staying in that convo 

So much of a list like this is determined by how many year window one really includes IMO