Dallas Wilson note

33 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

To this point, there has been one silent commit (or Hi) to Texas not end up at Texas. There have been multiple prospects already commit to Texas publicly that were that. 

There are a few still out there ... time will tell on how it shakes out, but to this point the prospects that have told Texas they were coming have followed through with the exception of one. If Texas went 8 out of every 10 in that scenario, they would take that. 

Josiah Sharma was not a Hi. With that said, he told multiple colleges he was going to Texas the day before his decision (even gave quotes to people in the industry for commitment day stories), and changed up the morning of his announcement. 

Gerry, I am sorry that you and others feel the need to defend yourselves to some blow-hard, pants pissing whiner. 

I for one, appreciate the time and effort you (and others) give to getting us the news and updates, good or bad, its part of the game. 

The jokes are cool (Hamilton curse) but to say that they are leading us on or giving false reports or news? where tf are people thinking this? Gerry was dying in Florida for us the other day! People need to GTFO with some of the crazy. 

Hook em

• Hook 'Em 16

39 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

To this point, there has been one silent commit (or Hi) to Texas not end up at Texas. There have been multiple prospects already commit to Texas publicly that were that. 

There are a few still out there ... time will tell on how it shakes out, but to this point the prospects that have told Texas they were coming have followed through with the exception of one. If Texas went 8 out of every 10 in that scenario, they would take that. 

Josiah Sharma was not a Hi. With that said, he told multiple colleges he was going to Texas the day before his decision (even gave quotes to people in the industry for commitment day stories), and changed up the morning of his announcement. 

The guys here at OTF are giving honest information as they receive it. They are not gaslighting or misleading anyone. It's not their fault if high school kids do not follow through with what they say or change their minds (e.g. Sharma)

Pointing the finger at the mods and calling them unreliable is unwarranted and unnecessary

• Hook 'Em 10

11 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Oregon is on another level in this cycle ... pretty impressive so far. 

Texas will keep trying to chip away ...

They got Wilson on campus in June for UOV under the radar... see if Oregon keeps him shut down. Wilson has had an OV scheduled for FSU in November for the UF game for a while. Will he OV to FSU or Texas in the fall or will the Ducks keep it shut down? 

i don’t know, we pay for you to tell us

2 hours ago, kobe moldrem said:

i don’t know, we pay for you to tell us

How would Gerry or anyone on any UT board know what is going on except for what he is told by the player, family member, or a coach? Do players, agents, or family members have agendas that Gerry does not know? Probably. For example, Sharma told numerous people he was coming to Texas but changed his mind. DK committed to UT on his OV but changed his mind. We are talking about 16, 17, 18 year olds who are a bundle of hormones who change their minds quicker than some run a 40. If you feel that you are being deceived or not getting money’s worth…leave. 

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, hookemrj13 said:

Gerry, I am sorry that you and others feel the need to defend yourselves to some blow-hard, pants pissing whiner. 

I for one, appreciate the time and effort you (and others) give to getting us the news and updates, good or bad, its part of the game. 

The jokes are cool (Hamilton curse) but to say that they are leading us on or giving false reports or news? where tf are people thinking this? Gerry was dying in Florida for us the other day! People need to GTFO with some of the crazy. 

Hook em

Guys, I feel like my original post generated some pretty negative posts and a need for Gerry to defend the process. As my original post noted, I never said Gerry or OTF was gaslighting or being anything but honest and hardworking. I pointed the finger at agent and kids (and probably family members). My exact observation was: 

"I think kids and agents are using services like this to spread false info and create demand to raise NIL…and we as subscribers are the “victims” … hard to believe recruiting nuggets and HI’s at this point…"

I stand by this. I think the job of Gerry and others in this business is made even more difficult because now there is enormous incentive for others to embellish, lie, etc. to drive up fan interest, fan demand to specific players which then helps drive up NIL. So, they might give signs of a "Hi" so outlets talk about them and promote them, only to drive up the price of another destination. So, sorry if somehow what I said was a dispersion to Gerry and OTF...it wasn't. 

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Brazos21 said:

Guys, I feel like my original post generated some pretty negative posts and a need for Gerry to defend the process. As my original post noted, I never said Gerry or OTF was gaslighting or being anything but honest and hardworking. I pointed the finger at agent and kids (and probably family members). My exact observation was: 

"I think kids and agents are using services like this to spread false info and create demand to raise NIL…and we as subscribers are the “victims” … hard to believe recruiting nuggets and HI’s at this point…"

I stand by this. I think the job of Gerry and others in this business is made even more difficult because now there is enormous incentive for others to embellish, lie, etc. to drive up fan interest, fan demand to specific players which then helps drive up NIL. So, they might give signs of a "Hi" so outlets talk about them and promote them, only to drive up the price of another destination. So, sorry if somehow what I said was a dispersion to Gerry and OTF...it wasn't. 

When I post a Hi … that doesn’t come from a prospect or agent. Just to be clear 

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators

Here’s the one thing I will say about recruiting that has never changed or will change 

Fans want the best hint or current update on their teams chances for a prospect … 

Fans want the info, that will never change. Some fan will also take the negative news or change in a recruitment with the mindset that the info was wrong or sources were wrong … the part of that is missed in those scenarios is the likelihood that even the schools recruiting a prospect were surprised or caught off guard by the switch or change of direction. Recruiting is a winding road, more than ever due to NIL, even for the college coaches. 

The whole industry business marketing part of the game with Crystal Ball and RPM’s has drastically changed how fans react to negative news or changes in a recruitment. That marketing has been great for subscription sales in the industry, but it’s also greatly changed the way fans react when a recruitment shifts or changes. Make no mistake, there is pressure applied to employees to make pics (a lot of times much earlier than desired) to sell subs/traffic through recruiting prospect hype. That might not be a popular thing to say, but it’s factual. 

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Here’s the one thing I will say about recruiting that has never changed or will change 

Fans want the best hint or current update on their teams chances for a prospect … 

Fans want the info, that will never change. Some fan will also take the negative news or change in a recruitment with the mindset that the info was wrong or sources were wrong … the part of that is missed in those scenarios is the likelihood that even the schools recruiting a prospect were surprised or caught off guard by the switch or change of direction. Recruiting is a winding road, more than ever due to NIL, even for the college coaches. 

The whole industry business marketing part of the game with Crystal Ball and RPM’s has drastically changed how fans react to negative news or changes in a recruitment. That marketing has been great for subscription sales in the industry, but it’s also greatly changed the way fans react when a recruitment shifts or changes. Make no mistake, there is pressure applied to employees to make pics (a lot of times much earlier than desired) to sell subs/traffic through recruiting prospect hype. That might not be a popular thing to say, but it’s factual. 

Much respect....I would not want to be in your place with the sort of pressure put on you.  Takes a different type of personality to deal with the nonsense.  Keep on keeping on.  Thanks for the bits of info you can and do provide.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Correct. We want the info and facts on the ground as well as conjecture and your personal opinion on matters. You and OTF deliver both at an extremely high level. 

Not much you can do or say for people that want you to be soothsayers. It’s also laughable that people seriously think you would intentionally mislead or gaslight to gain subs. Pulling the rug out on a passionate fan base is the worst business model I can think of. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Appreciate this type of reflection and insight. 

As a fan, following recruiting is part of the fandom. UT won’t win 100% of recruitments, but even following it through the ups and downs is enjoyable. At the end of the day, I’m not gonna give up on following recruiting just because NIL and other changes make the road more curvy. I just got to buckle up and enjoy the ride.

It’s this or politics/other news. Think I know which one I’m picking 100/100 times lol