Coach Kenny Baker Hits the Recruiting Trail for Texas

• Moderators

New Texas defensive line coach Kenny Baker is officially on the recruiting trail.

Baker was originally expected to be in Mobile, Alabama for the Reese's Senior Bowl week of practices. However, the call was made and Baker is hitting the schools in the state of Texas with 2025 defensive line targets. 

A stop with 2025 Cy Fair DL Landon Rink was in store for Tuesday afternoon.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators

Landon Rink was the first DL target that Kenny Baker was able to get out onto the road and see after taking the Texas job.

I chatted briefly with Rink after the visit with Coach Baker; Rink said Baker brings great energy and that he came across as a really cool coach on the first visit. Positive notes here.

• Hook 'Em 16

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, K. Baughman said:

We will see how the results turn out, but like seeing him get after it quick and in a hurry. I think his age, appeared enthusiasm, and hard work ethic will pay dividends.

I’m with you!

• Hook 'Em 2