Schloss Nabs High Upside JUCO 1B

• Moderators

Texas is back in the portal and come out with a strong pull out of Florida.

The Longhorns have secured a commitment from Northwest Florida State College where he hit .346 with 15 HR this past spring.

Texas fills their 1B hole with a big time bat with plenty of upside.

• Hook 'Em 13

1 hour ago, CJ Vogel said:

The Longhorns have secured a commitment from Northwest Florida State College where he hit .346 with 15 HR this past spring.

Texas fills their 1B hole with a big time bat with plenty of upside.

Looked up his stats on the JUCO site and he also had 62 RBIs in 52 games.

• Hook 'Em 7

7 hours ago, Steamboat Willie said:

This was the missing link. I really think we now have an opportunity (injury gods willing) to do something special in the SEC and have the potential to make a deep run in the CWS. 

It helps no doubt but not sure yet we have enough quality arms especially in rotation. Hopefully they can work magic in the fall. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

Congrats to Thomas. 

Looks like the everyday lineup is almost complete with the JUCO 1B.

c - Galvan/Schuessler

1b - Borba/Stewart

2b - Mendoza

ss - Flores/Rodriguez

3b - Rodriguez/Flores

lf - Winfield

cf - Gasparino

rf - Beyleu

dh - Schuessler/Borba

Edited by Neil Leininger
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Jerry K said:

@CJ Vogel @Blake Munroe guys with LBJ coming back seems like the staff is now close if not done with bringing in any more players. What does the accumulated new roster look like? 

I think you mean Duplantier coming back.  That was announced.  I read that LBJ signed with the Rockies for 500k.

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, .45s said:

I think you mean Duplantier coming back.  That was announced.  I read that LBJ signed with the Rockies for 500k.

Read the same thing. I was hoping I was wrong and looked it up.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/player/_/id/94680/lebarron-johnson-jr
Team signed with2024-2024

Lebarron Johnson Jr. signed a 1 year , $500,000 contract with the Colorado Rockies, including $500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $500,000. 
CONTRACT TERMS:

1 yr(s) / $500,000
AVERAGE SALARY:

$500,000
SIGNING BONUS:

N/A
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, .45s said:

So I heard E Hogan say LBJ on their show this morning. Regardless yeah you’re right it’s likely Duplantier unless the reports that LBJ signed a contract aren’t true. Technically he had until August 1st to sign or not and he does or did have one year of eligibility left. But that to me is a stretch. I said earlier it’d be hard to get LBJ back since he’s already graduated. 

• Hook 'Em 3