Michigan coach to be penalized?

What seems most significant here is that there is no way Michigan can reasonably claim it was only Stalions and maybe a couple of GAs. Clearly most, if not all, of the staff was in on this. If the NCAA doesn't vacate a number of their wins, it's a joke.

10 hours ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

It should be, but the NCAA already said they won't do it.  Plus, the games were still played.  Vacating wins doesn't change any of that.

Oh, I do not know.  When the NCAA forced USC to rescind their victories over the Reggie Bush scandal, USC said they did not lose the 2006 Rise Bowl-because the game was vacated.

5 hours ago, David Edwards said:

Harbaugh should be banned from the NCAA... However, we can thank him for ushering in the age of the Harbaugh helmuts ... I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing... I am a wolverine. 

He will have to answer a show cause order if he ever choose to be in college football again.

24 minutes ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

Oh, I do not know.  When the NCAA forced USC to rescind their victories over the Reggie Bush scandal, USC said they did not lose the 2006 Rise Bowl-because the game was vacated.

It's true that the fan base of the guilty team isn't likely to completely accept the meaning of the punishment, but that doesn't really matter. The games were played, but they weren't played with the structure and rules that legitimized the games. Everyone knows that (even the guilty). Publicly acknowledging it is necessary for maintaining legitimacy. 

13 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I mean, they will be able to say they were NC ... but I bet it's not looked at by the NCAA at NC long term. Maybe I'll be proven wrong

Does anyone care about what the NCAA thinks?

3 minutes ago, Jack Lala said:

Does anyone care about what the NCAA thinks?

It's not what the NCAA as such thinks; rather, it's what Michigan's peers think, and they think there's no doubt Michigan blatantly cheated. The scale of this is so much bigger than any other sign stealing operation known of or alleged to this point that it requires a collective response. Like it or not, at this point, the NCAA represents the institutions in question.

With the deleted texts it seems to me that Sherrone Moore could be lookng at a show cause, but I haven't heard any discussion regarding that.   I hope that guy gets moved out quickly.

Edited by cochamps