Second Watch with Rod Babers

3 hours ago, GetHooked said:

Total Rod Babers fan.  Love to watch him analyze a game.  

He has improved so much on the mic.  I did not care for him when he first got on the radio.  But he's won me over with his improvement.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

New for 2024, today is the debut of Second Watch with Rod Babers.

Good stuff from Rod!

Great feature. Rod is able to analyze a game and then articulate it so the rest of us can understand. 

Appreciate the show from the both of you.

Edited by marathon

Rewatched the first half once the kids went to bed. Noticed that we ran left to near exclusion. I don’t know if that was gameplanning or personnel specific. Pin and pull, buck sweep, toss and some inside zone. Short yardage gotta have it looked like maybe duo. The two blown up run plays were Connor getting beat inside and Helm doing the same. Runs to the right were the TD with the LG pulling around to hit someone outside the OT, and what looked like a poor attempt at power or some kind of zone insert with the LG pulling. The latter went nowhere. It would be great to see some all 22 film as the broadcast rarely attempted to show what happened. 

If you haven’t seen this segment, you need to. Rod’s analytics are eye opening and his review of the schemes especially on defense has me fired up for this year. I’m really looking forward to seeing how PK/Nansen’s exotic looks evolve throughout the season and in big games like Michigan.