WR Musings...

After week 1 against CoSt saw Quinn spread it around to 11 different targets, Week 2 against Michigan was reduced to 5 including the TE and RBs. It looks like Bond and Golden are emerging as Ewers' prime targets and he seemingly has the best rapport with these two guys at the WR position so far. IMHO, they are closely followed by Cook, Wingo and Moore.

With so many weapons, the WR room is seemingly the deepest it's been since I've been watching Texas football. I expect Wingo to get increased targets as the season wears on, but it does seem QE has his preferred targets in Bond & Golden.

Receptions leaders so far:

• Helm - 9
  • Blue - 9
  • Golden - 9
  • Bond - 8
  • Wingo - 4
  • Cook - 4 (including his TD catch that was taken away for a BS holding call)

I'm interested to see how things progress from here and if Sark keeps rotating these guys in as much, or if the 'circle of trust' starts solidifying to a handful of guys like it did last year with Worthy, Whittington and Mitchell.

Thoughts?

• Thanks 1

Bond and Golden are clearly 1 & 2.

Cook is 3. Moore got snaps but not many targets. I feel bad for the TD that was nullified by holding.

Wingo is a playmaker. Every touch has been really good. He'll be 3rd by mid-season.

Not sure what will happen with Bolden. Probably insurance if any of the top 4-5 go down. Surprising because I thought he would be a difference maker. But Bond has made some big plays and Golden is super solid. 

With Gibson perhaps taking more snaps at RB, 2-3 more receptions for WR/TE are on the board. Niblack is going to get some looks too. 

Edited by syracusehorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Adam Lane said:

Just a heads up......The TD taken away was to DeAndre Moore.

You're 100% correct, my bad.  I was thinking about the one Cook had taken away due to holding.  I'm trying to figure out how to edit the OP, but in the meantime, thank you.

I just listened to Josh McCuistian question whether Texas really has speed at WR because they haven't thrown deep during the first two games. Talk about homerism, It comes at about the 1:07 mark. Just before that he said Quinn Ewers is really nothing because of his yard per attempt average.

Edited by harveycmd
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, harveycmd said:

I just listened to Josh McCuistian question whether Texas really has speed at WR because they haven't thrown deep during the first two games. Talk about homerism, It comes at about the 1:07 mark. Just before that he said Quinn Ewers is really nothing because of his yard per attempt average.

They’ll say ANYTHING to convince themselves that we’re not as good as we are 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

They’ll say ANYTHING to convince themselves that we’re not as good as we are 

Apparently. Of course, not all criminal fans are that stupid. Ikard, Lehman, Berry Tramel and others admit Texas is really good and the criminal Sooners suck at this point. Meaning unless something drastically changes, they're toast.

5 hours ago, harveycmd said:

FAFO

• Hook 'Em 1