Have your expectations changed after the first two games?

2 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

Our interior DL dominated Michigan

They did OK in my book. They got pushed around some in the run game more than I'd prefer. It's not a big gripe. It's an area of concern that I'd like to see improved.

On 9/9/2024 at 8:41 AM, Jonas Peterson said:

I don't think Michigan was much of a test, everyone was higher on them than they should have been. The only real test is Georgia. If we can hold our own against them, win or lose, we have a real shot at the championship. That doesn't mean we will win, playoff games against great opponents are a coin toss, but I expect us to at least get to the semifinal, anything else is hard to guesstimate, but great teams find a way to win those kind of games, question is if we're there yet.

While I don't think the defending champs are as good as last year, Texas beat them by three scores in there house. Four if you include the first drive score that was taken away and five if you exclude the garbage TD. They didn't just win, they dominated which is new for the program against good opponents 

On 9/10/2024 at 4:54 PM, jonbailey said:

While I don't think the defending champs are as good as last year, Texas beat them by three scores in there house. Four if you include the first drive score that was taken away and five if you exclude the garbage TD. They didn't just win, they dominated which is new for the program against good opponents 

After a few days I do agree. What makes this so much scarier/better is that Texas seems to operate on a level FAR above a probably really good Michigan team. I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan plays a decent season after this. Maybe 9-3 or 10-2 if they're lucky.