OU’s SEC schedule

• Moderators

Better beat Tulane this week … they should, but I have to say it based on the putrid showing against a bad UH team Saturday …

Ranked opponents:

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

Unranked opponents:

@ Auburn  

South Carolina 

That’s one hell of a tough scheduled if the OL doesn’t make big strides and Arnold doesn’t take big steps (as long as he is the guy). 

• Hook 'Em 14

4 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Better beat Tulane this week … they should, but I have to say it based on the putrid showing against a bad UH team Saturday …

Ranked opponents:

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

Unranked opponents:

@ Auburn  

South Carolina 

That’s one hell of a tough scheduled if the OL doesn’t make big strides and Arnold doesn’t take big steps (as long as he is the guy). 

I see them losing every one of those games. Is BV gone if they do or officially on the hot seat? He's got serious pressure on him given what Sark has done in his first three years at Texas

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Rhenk6768 said:

I see them losing every one of those games. Is BV gone if they do or officially on the hot seat? He's got serious pressure on him given what Sark has done in his first three years at Texas

Just got that contract extension after last season I believe.

I would be surprised ... he can get well if Michael Hawkins is as good as I'm hearing/thinking. 

That Tennessee games looms large for the Sooners IMO

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I would be surprised ... he can get well if Michael Hawkins is as good as I'm hearing/thinking. 

Wouldn’t that be something. After all the talking of Arnold being so much better than Ewers and Arch he loses out his first year starting job before the season is even over. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Unless they make some remarkable improvements in the next two weeks, they are staring 6-6 in the face. As of right now, they will not beat any of teams Gerry listed, and most of those games will be over sometime in the middle of the 3Q.

If we played OU this Saturday, Sarkisian could name the score like he did against Michigan.

Edited by Neil Leininger
  • Hook 'Em 5

I agree with Gerry and think we will see Michael Hawkins sooner than later (no pun intended). This could be a different team by the time we play them. Their defense is legit. I am rooting for a sooner implosion, however. Go Green Wave!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I live down the street from where Hawkins played his HS ball and I don't recall him setting the world on fire back then. I just don't see him coming in and turning losses into wins. This seems more like a going from Swoopes to Heard like situation moreso than Rattler to Williams. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, HookemTexas said:

That's a rough schedule.  Would be interesting to compare theirs to Florida's as the season goes on on which gauntlet is tougher.  Florida has the nod ever so slightly I feel.

Theirs has been viewed as tougher because not only is there the SEC schedule with Tennessee, Texas, Georgia, LSU, etc but of their 4 non-conference games 3 of them are against in-state power 4 programs in Miami, UCF and Florida St (I know) whereas as OU's toughest non-conference is either Tulane or Houston in addition to Temple and Maine. 

If the criminals only win five or six, they gotta fire Venables even though they gave him the extension. Haven't seen the buyout numbers, but they can't wait three more years. If they do wise up and can Venables, Sark better prepare for them trying to poach Nansen or Banks. I don't know if they would, but they would if they're smart.

Edited by harveycmd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Oklahoma had 12 drives vs. Houston. 

Only one gained more than 35 yards of offense. 

OU’s final eight offensive possessions of the game:
• punt
• punt
• punt
• INT
• punt
• missed FG
• punt 
• punt 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Chop said:

Wouldn’t that be something. After all the talking of Arnold being so much better than Ewers and Arch he loses out his first year starting job before the season is even over. 

I heard he was a generational talent from an OU site

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Ranked opponents:

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

Unranked opponents:

@ Auburn  

South Carolina 

Those are my six losses for OU.

5 hours ago, harveycmd said:

If the criminals only win five or six, they gotta fire Venables even though they gave him the extension. Haven't seen the buyout numbers, but they can't wait three more years. If they do wise up and can Venables, Sark better prepare for them trying to poach Nansen or Banks. I don't know if they would, but they would if they're smart.

Let’s just hope the criminal leaders are patient. Lots of money to be made on playing the spread! Now that everyone can pay players they’ve got to find another underworld activity to engage in. Gambling makes sense to me and Venables is the perfect clean fall guy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

• punt
• punt
• punt
• INT
• punt
• missed FG
• punt 
• punt 

Now do UNLV’s against UH two weeks ago! 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Alex Butler said:

Let’s just hope the criminal leaders are patient. Lots of money to be made on playing the spread! Now that everyone can pay players they’ve got to find another underworld activity to engage in. Gambling makes sense to me and Venables is the perfect clean fall guy. 

I don't know how clean Venables is. The difference between him and Stalions as sign stealers is that Stalions was so blatant something had to be done. You would think a guy that sly and shrewd would be smart enough to handle an eighteen year old QB that can't read a defense, but apparently the slyness stops at blitz packages and sign stealing systems. 

6 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

• punt
• punt
• punt
• INT
• punt
• missed FG
• punt 
• punt 

And the safety was ticky tack and one of their TD drives was aided by another phantom ref call.

2 hours ago, harveycmd said:

I don't know how clean Venables is. The difference between him and Stalions as sign stealers is that Stalions was so blatant something had to be done. You would think a guy that sly and shrewd would be smart enough to handle an eighteen year old QB that can't read a defense, but apparently the slyness stops at blitz packages and sign stealing systems. 

He’s squeaky clean per OU standards. You can lead a mule and schooner to sooner “magic”  but you can’t make them “magical”. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/9/2024 at 4:41 AM, Gerry Hamilton said:

Ranked opponents:

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

Unranked opponents:

@ Auburn  

South Carolina 

Don't forget they'll call holding in the SEC

• Hook 'Em 1