UTSA HC Jeff Traylor on Texas: “We’ve never played anything like this…”

18 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Not me, but I've known Coach Traylor for two decades. He's just getting the fan base ready for what is about to happen, 

My prediction score is 59-6.

I’ve known the man and his family for at least that long, he’s not one to BS. Believe what this man is saying. 

• Hook 'Em 5

41 minutes ago, HornsUp Tom said:

Ok I’m from San Antonio so I feel bad already lol. Oh well, hook em 

I live in San Antonio as well and the best we can do for the hometown Roadrunners is to take solace in knowing that San Antonio has better tacos than Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Not me, but I've known Coach Traylor for two decades. He's just getting the fan base ready for what is about to happen, 

I said 58-10, and that's reeeeaalllllly coasting in the second half. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Traylor is a good guy. It’s really too bad UTSA is having an off year.

The real question is how many snaps do Owens and others lower on the depth chart get. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hashtag said:

I live in San Antonio as well and the best we can do for the hometown Roadrunners is to take solace in knowing that San Antonio has better tacos than Austin.

SA also has Austin beat on the Big Ol' Women front 

Edited by whereiend
  • Haha 4

I still think UTSA is better than Colorado State overall, but they are weak in the wrong places (QB, WR, OL, DB).

Another concerning thing for UTSA is they are a tempo team. Their only shot at hanging in Saturday is to slow things down to a crawl and pray Texas turns the ball over a bunch. 

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Traylor sits all his banged up guys and just starts looking ahead to conference play.

57 minutes ago, Assistant Regional Manager said:

I still think UTSA is better than Colorado State overall, but they are weak in the wrong places (QB, WR, OL, DB).

Another concerning thing for UTSA is they are a tempo team. Their only shot at hanging in Saturday is to slow things down to a crawl and pray Texas turns the ball over a bunch. 

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Traylor sits all his banged up guys and just starts looking ahead to conference play.

Not even close. Colorado St would dog walk UTSA. CSU was no match for us, everyone thought that the passing game was the strength and it's not. CSU is a really good rushing team and they just rushed for over 200 yards last week. UTSA can't block, can't tackle, can't defend, they're a really bad football team.

11 minutes ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

Not even close. Colorado St would dog walk UTSA. CSU was no match for us, everyone thought that the passing game was the strength and it's not. CSU is a really good rushing team and they just rushed for over 200 yards last week. UTSA can't block, can't tackle, can't defend, they're a really bad football team.

CSU played Northern Colorado last week, a FCS school that went 0-11 last year, and won by 21.

CSU is below UTSA in pretty much every meaningful ranking/power rating (FPI, SP+, etc)

It’s not some huge gap but UTSA has a few more individual good players than CSU. Traylor also coaches circles around Jay Norvell. A 52 point margin would be pretty surprising this week.

Edited by Assistant Regional Manager

6 minutes ago, Assistant Regional Manager said:

CSU played Northern Colorado last week, a FCS school that went 0-11 last year, and won by 21.

CSU is below UTSA in pretty much every meaningful ranking/power rating (FPI, SP+, etc)

It’s not some huge gap but UTSA has a few more individual good players than CSU. Traylor also coaches circles around Jay Norvell. A 52 point margin would be pretty surprising this week.

And UTSA win came against Kennesaw State. KSU sacked UTSA 5 times. CSU numbers are misleading because of playing Texas. Traylor may be a better coach, but he has a band of misfits that would get molly whopped.

4 minutes ago, MarkInAustin said:

FWIW, San Marcos Normal just went up 14-7 on Arizona State.  They looked good doing it, with quick passes to the outside and quick runs up the gut.

I just ran through the ASU roster. Counted 4 or 5 ex-Texas players and a staff member. Wild!

• Hook 'Em 1