UTSA HC Jeff Traylor on Texas: “We’ve never played anything like this…”

2 hours ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

Not even close. Colorado St would dog walk UTSA. CSU was no match for us, everyone thought that the passing game was the strength and it's not. CSU is a really good rushing team and they just rushed for over 200 yards last week. UTSA can't block, can't tackle, can't defend, they're a really bad football team.

UTSA would be favored by ~ 4pts against CSU on a neutral field.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

3 hours ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

Not even close. Colorado St would dog walk UTSA. CSU was no match for us, everyone thought that the passing game was the strength and it's not. CSU is a really good rushing team and they just rushed for over 200 yards last week. UTSA can't block, can't tackle, can't defend, they're a really bad football team.

Dog walk I think is a stretch but I agree. Stats in and of themselves can be misleading. I think it would be a close game but does UTSA have anyone on the roster as good as Horton? Also, I think it’s time we understand we’re legit. Beating CSU in the 1st game at home in that way says more about us & less about them imo. 

• Hook 'Em 2

For all the talk of what a great guy Traylor is, his players sure play like punks. Pushing Arch back down after that sack, late hit on Burt and that BS hit on Silas that wasn't called, UTSA player jawing with Texas coaches, etc.

Also, that was a very frosty post-game meeting at midfield, Traylor walked straight to his locker room, barely said anything to any Texas staff or players.

He took $1.6M home to San Antonio last night, he could at least stick around for some photos after his worst loss ever at UTSA.

Edited by horns96
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/12/2024 at 10:15 AM, Gerry Hamilton said:

Not me, but I've known Coach Traylor for two decades. He's just getting the fan base ready for what is about to happen, 

My prediction score is 59-6.

Good job foretelling the future Gerry!  (Except the part about Ewers getting injured, you did pretty good )

• Hook 'Em 1