Mel Kiper Jr. on Quinn Ewers after the Michigan game

21 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Not for me. Quinn has plenty of arm strength ... think he disguises it more than a lot of others though.

I'd agree. He throws with touch almost all the time. He can zip it when he wants, deep or short.

Edited by harveycmd

35 minutes ago, Wangmene said:

Did that dude just say Ewers has a mid arm?

I'm not super adept at evaluation. Is there any truth to that?

He did say that he isn't as athletic as Sanders or Beck, nor as good of an arm. I'm not sure Sanders is more athletic than Quinn though. Sanders looks like an awkward scrambler. I do think Beck is more athletic, and a better runner, but Quinn is definitely athletic enough and can make any NFL throw. 

Thankfully for Quinn, there were lots of NFL scouts and staff at the Michigan game, per Pete Thamel.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Not for me. Quinn has plenty of arm strength ... think he disguises it more than a lot of others though.

He doesn't always let it rip. He has plenty of touch. But the arm strength is there. He can spin it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Neil Leininger said:

Anyone that questions Ewer's arm strength, go watch the throw to Worthy against Alabama in 2022. Deep out from the far hash, it was a rope and right where it needed to be. There are plenty of starting QBs currently in the NFL that couldn't make that throw today.

One plays on my squad the 49ers. If you want to see what a weak arm looks like just watch Brock throw everything 15 yards or less.

• Haha 2