Rat poison warning thread!!!

Gerry Hamilton

• Gerry Hamilton changed the title to Rat poison warning thread!!!

UT fans need to get comfortable with that #1 hanging out before Texas. I assure you that players from Bama, UGA and OSU don’t get in a twist about it, and their fans take it in stride. Texas fans have been beaten down for so long that we’re afraid to think it’s true. 

UT has looked like the best team in the nation besides Alabama, and Bama hasn’t played anyone. You could almost say that about UT as Michigan isn’t a rolling ball of butcher knives this year. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

UT fans need to get comfortable with that #1 hanging out before Texas. I assure you that players from Bama, UGA and OSU don’t get in a twist about it, and their fans take it in stride. Texas fans have been beaten down for so long that we’re afraid to think it’s true. 

UT has looked like the best team in the nation besides Alabama, and Bama hasn’t played anyone. You could almost say that about UT as Michigan isn’t a rolling ball of butcher knives this year. 

Alabama didn't look all that great vs a not good South Florida team. 

1 minute ago, GQ03 said:

All great teams/programs have at least one struggle win a year, unless you’re 1995 Nebraska.  The 2001 Miami Hurricanes needed a miracle to beat Boston College.  The 2019 LSU Tigers had to convert a 3rd and 17 to beat Texas.  Georgia in 2022 had to hang on to beat Missouri.  It’s football.  Any given Saturday.  Long winded way of saying I wouldn’t put too much stock into some of these games.

30 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

image.gif.10a9686c92a946b66bb67b6f7cff4c2e.gif

Definitely in the minority.

1 minute ago, GQ03 said:

Nope, but they won by 4 TD’s and then performed a Thuggee cult ritual in Madison on national tv whereas Georgia treated an average Clemson Tigers team like a house cat in Springfield before just barely surviving a an extended pillow fight against another set of domesticated felines in Lexington.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

All great teams/programs have at least one struggle win a year, unless you’re 1995 Nebraska.  The 2001 Miami Hurricanes needed a miracle to beat Boston College.  The 2019 LSU Tigers had to convert a 3rd and 17 to beat Texas.  Georgia in 2022 had to hang on to beat Missouri.  It’s football.  Any given Saturday.  Long winded way of saying I wouldn’t put too much stock into some of these games.

I agree but when you only have 3 games to go off of then you have no choice but to judge the full body of work and to this point that game represents 33.333% of what we've seen and that didn't show me they were a clear top 2 team in the country. They're good but I don't know that they're better than Ohio State, Georgia, Ole Miss, Tennessee, etc.

1 hour ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

2005 Longhorns needed VY to beat Oklahoma State.