Fasusi thought process question

I’m not a scout and don’t pretend to be so anyone who’s knowledgeable please weigh in.

Understand that Fasusi wants early playing time, but from a scout’s point of view, would it be better to:

1: start early on the ou oline that’s terrible and known for being terrible (at the moment) and if it does not improve does not make you look as good (your teammates help make you look good or bad imo - a good QB makes a receiver look better and vice versa)

2: compete and when you earn playing time on the Texas oline that’s considered one of the best (with one of the games best coaches)

My logic tells me scenario 2 but want to make sure I’m not looking at it with a bias point of view.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

Bedenbaugh has a good track record of getting guys to the NFL. Fasusi wants to play early. The criminals were willing to do more in NIL.

Texas just got flat out beat in this recruitment and it wasn't because of NIL.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

Nah...his primary issue was early playing time and he wasn't going to get that at Texas.  Time will tell how that choice turns out.

• Hook 'Em 1

OL money earning under Bedenbaugh is through the roof when compared with Flood or Texas. Early playing time and BBs track record is better than what Texas was selling to the OL in the class of 2022. You win some, you lose some. Just kick their butts this year on the field.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Hashtag said:

The Horns may have been out recruited, but NIL was part of it. Multiple sources reported that Texas didn't want to "allocate" that much money to a single freshman lineman recruit when it could spread it around to three or four recruits.