Really Would Enjoy Mod's Thoughts

First of all, I know that this will never happen, but one can dream.

As a fan who loves college sports in general and LOVES college football specifically, I have long dreamed of a longer college football season. 

Obviously, I am a Longhorn Fan first, but because I attend every game (home and away) I don't get to enjoy most other games.  I record and watch as many college football games as possible, but after the fact,  knowing the game results, it just ain't the same.

So, my DREAM scenario. 

If I were the boss of the world,  I would have every team have every other week off.

Just think, not only would we get to see The Longhorns EVERY TIME that they play, but we would have the opportunity to watch other teams live, during off weeks; all football would be better, because the week off assures that many "dinged" players will have time to heal; with games only every other week, stadium attendance would improve even more; 

AND, just imagine the number of marriages that could be saved.   Momma gets two date nights every month and Dad still gets to see every Longhorn game. 

What is the downside?

Due to NIL, the "student athlete" farce has been destroyed. Counting spring, off season and weight training it is a already 365 day job.

Tell me I am wrong. 

• Haha 3

I don’t want to rain on your parade, but I don’t think your idea will ever truly play out.  Several reasons, one of them is the NCAA specifically wants basketball to have its own time in the sun. Remember, the NCAA makes money off of basketball, not football.

Perhaps we could have some version of spring football where teams scrimmage one another. Or maybe the FCS teams and possibly some G5s move to an entirely spring season?

There’s also the NFL to consider. If you start moving big games off of every Saturday in the fall, the NFL might decide to move some games to Saturdays.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, BiggUggly said:

Due to NIL, the "student athlete" farce has been destroyed. Counting spring, off season and weight training it is a already 365 day job.

NIL is one of the major reasons Texas is very good again. Without it I suspect we would still suck bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

NIL is one of the major reasons Texas is very good again. Without it I suspect we would still suck bad. 

I would say that could take a few turns without nil maybe Quinn goes to Texas and Herman keeps his job or maybe Mario stays put a Oregon and Banks’s goes to Oregon and we do still suck 

• Hook 'Em 1