Chace Sims and Javion Hilson Update (9:23 pm CST)

Gerry Hamilton

Just now, Horns05 said:

Things change. Not really helpful for anyone involved for constant updates on feelings on potential flips.  

Probably only helpful for the school that holds the current commitment. 

Fasusi is an Oklahoma commitment.  DK Moore is no longer being recruited by Texas since he didn’t tell the Texas coaches he was going to commit to Oregon before it was made public.

49 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

LOL.... What if Sark has not told anyone he has? LMAO

Exactly and/or maybe just maybe it wouldn’t benefit anyone in burnt orange if it came out that he was talking to our staff.

I don’t see any reason why the staff would want anyone to know about them talking right now.  With these big time players, secrecy is the best medicine to try and get the flip completed.

See Sims where him visiting has been broadcasted for weeks and a&m has been able to temporarily pause him from visiting.

• Hook 'Em 1

Realistically it doesn’t matter whether or not there’s been communication from the Texas staff with some of these recruits at this juncture. I wouldn’t completely rule out any recruit coming back to the table with Texas based on how I expect this season to go. We’ve seen late flips with this staff of elite guys in every class, no reason to believe there won’t be a few later this cycle.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

On Fasusi ... Texas has attempted to reach out, but there hadn't been any communication as of early in the week. Texas will hang around the rim and see what happens. 

Same with Lamont Rogers. 

If one of the two wanted to eventually flip, would be tough for Texas to turn down. 

Any word on if Jaylen Waddle is going to flip or Jaxon Smith-Njigba is going to portal to Texas? I kid I kid....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

On Fasusi ... Texas has attempted to reach out, but there hadn't been any communication as of early in the week. Texas will hang around the rim and see what happens. 

Same with Lamont Rogers. 

If one of the two wanted to eventually flip, would be tough for Texas to turn down. 

Interesting. I like Rogers A LOT.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Horns05 said:

Things change. Not really helpful for anyone involved for constant updates on feelings on potential flips.  

Probably only helpful for the school that holds the current commitment. 

If you think A&M didn't know or Florida State or Oregon, or whoever, then you just don't understand recruiting. Gerry's reporting isn't somehow negatively effecting Texas recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 3