PFF With Very High Praise for Texas QB

• Moderators

I know folks have differing opinions on Pro Football Focus, but I did want to share this about QB Arch Manning after last night.

PFF gave Manning a grade of 94.2 for his performance against Mississippi State – that was the highest grade given out to a quarterback in all of college football for week five.

Not just that, but it is the highest individual game grade given to a quarterback all season by PFF.

Pretty high praise for a kid making his second career start and his first ever against an SEC team.

• Hook 'Em 21

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

He looked much more decisive in his throws . Definitely had more confidence in his throws . And he’s still pretty fast I guess.

I sweat on his 27-yard run three of four MSST defenders gave up thinking he was just going to step out of bounds after he got the first down, just for them to look foolish when he turned up the sideline and *scored*

Heck of a run regardless.

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, taxsaver said:

He scored.  Who knew we'd have Big12 "officials" masquerading as real officials.

That whole ordeal was insane. Replays on replays and it almost forced Sark to burn a timeout due to the playclock not resetting.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, CJ Vogel said:

I know folks have differing opinions on Pro Football Focus, but I did want to share this about QB Arch Manning after last night.

PFF gave Manning a grade of 94.2 for his performance against Mississippi State – that was the highest grade given out to a quarterback in all of college football for week five.

Not just that, but it is the highest individual game grade given to a quarterback all season by PFF.

Pretty high praise for a kid making his second career start and his first ever against an SEC team.

I believe thats whats called being " a stepper"

• Haha 1