Texas 2025 Best Class Scenario: February 5

• Moderators

Texas Best Class Scenario: February 5

The Texas Longhorns 2025 class is currently ranked inside the top 10 with a handful of commitments. 

Steve Sarkisian and staff hosted Junior Day January 20, and spent the month of January evaluating the 2025 class with more offers extended. 

With the calendar turning to February, OnTexasFootball takes a first look at the 2025 Best Class Scenario. The number of players listed at 28, with a combination of 22-24 of this group a lock to be a fourth straight top 10 class. 

Important to note, this list of prospects will change as Texas moves along in the 2025 cycle. 

Quarterback (1)

K.J. Lacey, Saraland (Ala.) High #AllGasNoBrakes
Recruiting Ranking: OnTexasFootball 4-star
Note: Steve Sarkisian and A.J. Milwee made a visit to Saraland High last Tuesday. 

Running back (1-2)

Jordon Davison, RB, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
Note: Attended Texas Junior Day January 20. 

Rickey Stewart, RB, Tyler (Texas) Chapel Hill
Note: Texas offered at Junior Day January 20. Steve Sarkisian and Tashard Choice made a stop at Chapel Hill in January. 

Wide receiver (2-3)

Dakorien Moore, Duncanville (Texas) High - *LSU commit
Recruiting Ranking:
OnTexasFootball 5-star
Note: Texas will recruiting the LSU commit through the whistle. 

Kelshaun Johnson, WR, Hitchcock (Texas) High
Note: Attended Texas Junior Day January 20. Steve Sarkisian and Blake Gideon were by the school in January.

Marcus Harris, WR, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
Note: Scheduled to make official visit to Texas the last weekend in June. 

Tight end (2)

Kiotti Armstrong, TE, Jasper (Texas) High
Note: Attended Texas Junior Day January 20. Scheduled to make visit around spring practice March 22.

Emaree Winston, TE, Calhoun (Ga.) High #AllGasNoBrakes

Offensive line (5)

Michael Fasusi, OT, Lewisville (Texas) High
Recruiting Ranking: OnTexasFootball 5-star
Note: Steve Sarkisian, Kyle Flood and Tashard Choice made a school visit last week. An official visit the last weekend of June is tentatively scheduled.

Jonte Newman, OT, Cypress (Texas) Bridgeland
Note: Attended Texas Junior Day January 20. Kyle Flood made a school visit last Thursday.

Tyler Thomas, IOL, Dickinson (Texas) High
Recruiting Ranking: OnTexasFootball 3-star
Note: Kyle Flood made a school visit in January. Planning last weekend in June official visit.

John Mills, IOL, San Francisco (Calif.) St. Ignatius
Note: Attended Texas Junior Day January 20. Planning June official visit.

Jackson Christian, IOL, Port Niches (Texas) PN-G
Note: Attended Texas Junior Day January 20. Steve Sarkisian stopped by PN-G in January. 

Defensive line (4)

Brandon Brown, DL, Melbourne (Fla.) Eau Gallie #AllGasNoBrakes
Note: Brown is expected to visit Texas in March around a spring practice. 

Zion Williams, DL, Lufkin (Texas) high
Note: New Texas defensive line coach Kenny Baker stopped by Lufkin last Wednesday.

Josiah Sharma, DL, Folsom (Calif.) Folsom
Note: Texas offered last week. Has ties to state of Texas, and used to live in Arlington. 

Floyd Guidry, DL, Spring (Texas) High
Note: Attended Texas Junior day January 20. Kenny Baker stopped by Cy-Fair last Tuesday.

-Or-

Landon Rink, DL, Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair
Note: Attended Texas Junior day January 20. Kenny Baker stopped by Cy-Fair last Tuesday.

EDGE (2-3)

Lance Jackson, Texarkana (Texas) Pleasant Grove #AllGasNoBrakes

Kamauryn Morgan, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff
Note: Attended Texas Junior day January 20.

Linebacker (3-4)

Riley Pettijohn, McKinney (Texas) High

Elijah Barnes, Dallas (Texas) Skyline

Anthony Williams, Pearland (Texas) Shadow Creek #AllGasNoBrakes
Recruiting Ranking: OnTexasFootball 3-star

Jonathan Cunningham, Fort Worth (Texas) North Crowley
Note: Attended Junior Day January 20. Texas offered last week. A spring practice visit is expected. 

Defensive back (3-4)

Dorian Brew, CB, Conroe (Texas) High

Jonah Williams, S, Galveston (Texas) Ball High
Note: Oklahoma considered the team to beat due to football/baseball combination.

Cobey Sellers, CB, Pearland (Texas) Shadow Creek
Note: Attended Texas Junior Day January 20. Oklahoma considered the team to beat. 

Athlete (1)

Nick Townsend, LB/EDGE, Houston (Texas) Dekaney
Note: Not as publicized as others, but a player Texas likes a lot. 

View full news

• Hook 'Em 13

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

Alamo Heights kid? Athlete I believe 

Marsh the WR out of Katy?

I like Marsh too. 

Just me, but Kelshaun fits what Sark loves. Texas will recruit Moore through the whistle ... Sark wants that SoCal presence, so we shall see if they continue to roll out the red carpet headed into June OV with Harris. 

Some tough calls at WR IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

If y'all noticed ... I'm giving out some OnTexasFootball star rankings ... I will do more with that shortly. 

As long as you don't start ranking the posters here on OTF, we're ok with it. How'd I explain to my wife she's sleeping with a 1-star? 

• Haha 1

Think I would like to see Texas take 5 DL if they have the opportunity to not move very far down the board. Cant be light on the DL in the SEC.

Guys like Sanders, Utley, Jyon Simon, Riles, Simpson, Battle, Okponu are all very good players. Of those mentioned, DJ Sanders and Dilan Battle probably fit what PK likes do on defense best

To me, Ty Haywood seems more likely than Newman to be in the class and just as good if not better. There are a lot of good OT prospects in state but curious to see how Flood views each prospect. Texas could pitch 3 OTs in a single class after only taking one last cycle 

I know you address this further up the chain here, but I'm a little confused why you didn't include Michael Terry from Alamo Heights. Sometimes I wonder if we just don't know what to do with guys in the athlete category. I wonder if he's more interested in playing quarterback, wide receiver, somewhere else? Perhaps he just doesn't fit into the class? Seems like a hell of an athlete.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, KJon said:

Some of us don’t follow recruiting as deep as others. Appreciate the introductions on the recruits. 

We've entered that part of the year where everything you learned about the last class means nothing and now it's time to start all over again lol!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

It's going to be a little different than other lists. Should be fun.

Have a random cool idea. What if I’m doing those rankings there could be something like community rankings? Where the community votes/ranks Texas targets or players in general. Think that could be fun & interesting to see who the community likes as recruits. Just a thought!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I like Marsh too. 

Just me, but Kelshaun fits what Sark loves. Texas will recruit Moore through the whistle ... Sark wants that SoCal presence, so we shall see if they continue to roll out the red carpet headed into June OV with Harris. 

Some tough calls at WR IMO. 

No kidding….if Marsh, Lockett, and Porter aren’t good enough, that’s a heck of a WR haul!! Plus, I guess we’ll need to hold at least one spot for a portal guy when Bond goes to the NFL after this year! He’s gonna have a monster year!