Big Ten and SEC to talk scheduling partnership

Be careful what you wish for.

You guy's assumption is that all the teams are equal.  College athletics isn't the NFL where even the worst team has superior athletes, and every team (except the Giants) have a chance of winning.

I am not sure that I want to play Ohio State and Oregon, while another team plays Northwestern and Minnesota, and they make the playoffs with 2 wins.

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, Inspired73 said:

You guy's assumption is that all the teams are equal.  College athletics isn't the NFL where even the worst team has superior athletes, and every team (except the Giants) have a chance of winning.

I am not sure that I want to play Ohio State and Oregon, while another team plays Northwestern and Minnesota, and they make the playoffs with 2 wins.

On the flip side, Ohio State would have to start playing real out of conference matches instead of patty cakes.  Additionally, there's likely some sort of human factor involved I'd reckon that would help to create the storylines, otherwise, you are correct in that some teams will have an easier schedule than others.

Kind of like this year where it's looking like Texas' SEC schedule is easier to navigate than Bama or Georgia's, and for sure Florida's.

1 hour ago, Inspired73 said:

Agree. The grind of the SEC season takes a toll physically. Hell, after just playing Michigan we had multiple players not available the following week. 

If we take care of business we will play the top tier teams in the playoffs. And that’s more exciting.

Edited by marathon

6 hours ago, Shane said:

It’ll be fun if they come together on this. B1G said SEC will need to go to 9 conference games. They want to be “on equal footing “ 

I definitely see 9 conference games in the future for the SEC. It's going to boil down to whatever generates the most money. 

• Hook 'Em 2