Jahkeem Stewart -> Texas

Jahkeem Stewart just reclassed to 2025. Texas seems to have been on and off in his recruitment. I’ve heard he might come to the Georgia game? But I’ve also heard that only USC, Oregon, LSU, and OSU have been the only one in on it…

Do we think THANOS might come to Texas? He’s a heck of a player. Him and Simmons 👀 😈

• Hook 'Em 1

Hold your horses.  He will be a good player with due time, but even more so since he’s skipping his senior season of high school, he needs a couple of years in a D-1 strength and conditioning program before he’s ready to be that guy.  DT is one of the most developmental positions in football.

That being said, he’s probably going to LSU imo, hence why he reclassified to ‘25.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Massive NIL recruitment. Everything is run through one person in the circle.

Does Sark tend not to deal with those type situations or should we assume that Texas is still interested in him?

4 hours ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

Hold your horses.  He will be a good player with due time, but even more so since he’s skipping his senior season of high school, he needs a couple of years in a D-1 strength and conditioning program before he’s ready to be that guy.  DT is one of the most developmental positions in football.

That being said, he’s probably going to LSU imo, hence why he reclassified to ‘25.

I hear that

Massive NIL recruitment. Everything is run through one person in the circle.

16 minutes ago, Forrest J. said:

Does Sark tend not to deal with those type situations or should we assume that Texas is still interested in him?

Thanks for replying Gerry 🤘

I second this question

1 hour ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

I’ll believe we can consistently pull top players out of the boot from LSU when it happens. 

Wasn't that long ago that we got the # 1 offensive player in Louisiana and the # 1 defensive player in Louisiana - in the same class 🙂

It's rare but it can happen

Spoiler

Derek Williams and Arch Manning in the 2023 class

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Forrest J. said:

Texas is interested, but only to a certain point.

I doubt Texas will do what a couple of others would NIL wise. 

But we shall see.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

But we shall see.

At some point, isn’t that going to be the difference in championship teams and not?  What would this defense look like if it had Nolan, Caldwell, or Williams in the middle? I know I’d be a lot more confident if Nolan was in the middle right now. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ArizonaLonghorn said:

Wasn't that long ago that we got the # 1 offensive player in Louisiana and the # 1 defensive player in Louisiana - in the same class 🙂

It's rare but it can happen

Reveal hidden contents

Derek Williams and Arch Manning in the 2023 class

I thought you were going to start to string a couple classes together landing top players out of the boot but McKinley didn’t go our way last year. 

But we shall see.

Would him committing to LSU impact Zion, Brown, or Mathis?

4 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

Even if he is truly amazing you aren’t going to get much value in a reclassified freshmen. D line is not like wr where a skinny athletic kid can dominate, and even that is a rarity. I’d rather throw money at a guy like Autry. 

The value is down the road with interior d lineman. They’re a top 3 NIL position out of high school and even more expensive as transfers especially for quality. He’s a top 5-10 player in country caliber whether 2026 or 2025 class. That is the worth. You’re looking at the position completely wrong in terms of going after. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hashtag said:

The value is down the road with interior d lineman. They’re a top 3 NIL position out of high school and even more expensive as transfers especially for quality. He’s a top 5-10 player in country caliber whether 2026 or 2025 class. That is the worth. You’re looking at the position completely wrong in terms of going after. 

I understand where you are coming from but I am looking at this from a cost standpoint. You have x millions to spend on a team. There is a breaking point where you overpay for talent. Do you pay 2x or 3 x for a Stewart than a Sharma or Charles?  Is it better to have 5 guys at DT or 3 if one is Stewart?  What are you losing with the guy coming in early. Let’s say he can contribute early like Alex January. Well now make him 1 year younger is he really the same as a 2025 vs 2026 guy?  I don’t know the raw nil dollars being thrown around but there is a point that you can not overpay to get him. 

4 minutes ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

I understand where you are coming from but I am looking at this from a cost standpoint. You have x millions to spend on a team. There is a breaking point where you overpay for talent. Do you pay 2x or 3 x for a Stewart than a Sharma or Charles?  Is it better to have 5 guys at DT or 3 if one is Stewart?  What are you losing with the guy coming in early. Let’s say he can contribute early like Alex January. Well now make him 1 year younger is he really the same as a 2025 vs 2026 guy?  I don’t know the raw nil dollars being thrown around but there is a point that you can not overpay to get him. 

If you have a chance at a Peter Woods, this guy, and etc at this position you take them. They’re difference makers. You’re overpaying regardless because the position demands it and it’s the most competitive position to recruit. It’s cheaper out of Hs than in portal.