File this for future reference if Texas vs Oregon. Dan Lanning plays Dirty

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Actually, I should have said Illegal Substitution, which was the infraction committed by the Ducks.  Not sure if Illegal Participation is still on the books or not.  Haven't seen it called (15 yard penalty) in forever.

Yeah I think they got rid of it when they started giving the defense a chance to substitute alongside the offense. (Not for sure on that) 

Knowing the rules and using them to your advantage is not cheating, until they modify or change the rules.  He used it to his team’s benefit.  Not saying I agree with this usage of the rules, seems like cheating, just good knowledge of the current rules until they make changes.  Good strategy used at the correct time for a win.   Just seems unsportsmanlike, but it is legit.  He got his team the win and a #2 ranking.  

18 minutes ago, FrancoBevo3.0 said:

I didn’t watch the game. What was the impact of intentionally putting 12 defenders on the field?

Also, is this any dirtier than coaches that have defenders fake injuries to slow the opposing offense down?

This sums it up pretty well.

The net of it is that Oregon was able to shave critical seconds off the clock with little risk.  Those seconds came into play on the next play when Howard scrambled as time ran out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Which blue blood will lure him away from Uncle Phil in the next 2-3 years?

USC

Ohio State

Florida (I consider them that level)

???

Or someone currently with a HC that leaves before people thought he would. 

Hey Gerry, what head coach are you talking about?  You kinda make me nervous the way you slid that in there…

On 10/15/2024 at 7:14 AM, Gerry Hamilton said:

Which blue blood will lure him away from Uncle Phil in the next 2-3 years?

USC

Ohio State

Florida (I consider them that level)

???

Or someone currently with a HC that leaves before people thought he would. 

Penn State is going to get tired of playing bridesmaid pretty soon, and Michigan isn’t going to let Moore bumble around for 2 more years.